Duramax/Alli in a Super Duty

Good luck getting something quickly from Ben. He's as sharp as anyone on the GM electronics but man does he have a bad wrap for being timely with communication.

Good luck getting something quickly from Ben. He's as sharp as anyone on the GM electronics but man does he have a bad wrap for being timely with communication.

I had that issue when we got the tap shifter from him, but I did get with him this morning and he said he would have it done next Wednesday. Happy days for me I was climbing toward the roof. :rockwoot:

Well a little update, Had to cut up and rebuild one of my motor mounts to rotate the engine to the passenger side a bit and make the tcase fit. Adjusted the stock cross member and massaged the holes a bit and now it all fits like a glove! Need to send the drive shafts out to be cut to the right lenght and it will be done underneath. Should have my harness back from Ben at BT Wednessday and possibly still get this thing on the road by next weekend.
2013-10-04173950_zps3a8b8b28.jpg

I was concidering doin this to my 87 F250 ... would be a real wake up call for the old girl .. I had a 03 D-max was smashed real bad in the rear , they were willing to take 2K for it as is ...

Had a kid and that squished that ... but still in the back of my mind, maybe someday...

Awesome ... can you get a pic down ito the Engine Bay .... how much room is left for toys ? ...LOL

Random question ... How did you get the bt diesel works tap shift to work with the stand alone ? I've been wanting to do this in my fummins but I've been told that it can't work without having the bcm or what not, I was told this by fleece but I'm sure theirs is different

Random question ... How did you get the bt diesel works tap shift to work with the stand alone ? I've been wanting to do this in my fummins but I've been told that it can't work without having the bcm or what not, I was told this by fleece but I'm sure theirs is different

I tried the Fleece one first and it had a issue with the adapter harness. We sent it back and had then check it and it has been in another truck without a problem for a while now. The BT one is a bit harder to install you have to re pin the tcm instead of the jumper harness Fleece uses but it has worked flawless, and it has a gear indicator which is nice because the fleece one does not.

I tried the Fleece one first and it had a issue with the adapter harness. We sent it back and had then check it and it has been in another truck without a problem for a while now. The BT one is a bit harder to install you have to re pin the tcm instead of the jumper harness Fleece uses but it has worked flawless, and it has a gear indicator which is nice because the fleece one does not.

So with the bt it works with the xfc you just have to repin the Tcm?

So with the bt it works with the xfc you just have to repin the Tcm?

Yep. Its pretty easy there are 4 wires you change. The Fleece one would have worked as well it had a issue in its jumper harness. With it you just unplug the factory TCM plug and put their jumper harness inline. Changing the ford shifter to the gm shifter is the fun part!:doh:

Well there is quite a bit of room in front and really all around, but the front is going to get a little tighter when I get CAC tube done. Not any room to go around the side with the batteries there and the dual CP3. If it was a single turbo conversion it would be simple and fit in way better than a 6.0.
2013-10-08073626_zps8f8fcdee.jpg

WOW... I'm really thinking .............. this would be awesome in my 87 F250 ... single turbo and such .

I have a mamouth amount of room around my 7.3 ........... how much wiring could I possibly need ???

Yep. Its pretty easy there are 4 wires you change. The Fleece one would have worked as well it had a issue in its jumper harness. With it you just unplug the factory TCM plug and put their jumper harness inline. Changing the ford shifter to the gm shifter is the fun part!:doh:

Sweet thanks for you're help I've been wondering about this for a while

Getting closer. Wiring harness is back from BT, upper and lower radiator hoses are built, both CAC tubes. Got the heater box torn out of the dash to retro fit a vintage air system and make room under the hood, big turbo mounted in the vacant space. Hopefully it will be running next week. Just a little more plumbing to do.
2013-10-11183400_zpsf33db25f.jpg

Back