Duramax/Alli in a Super Duty

Yeah, and with this engine in it, you wont have to pull the cab to work on the engine..LOL

Um... Most guys will pull the cab to do any serious work on dmax to?

most will say anything further then injectors/turbos, its easier to pull the cab for the work...

most will say anything further then injectors/turbos, its easier to pull the cab for the work...

I have done plenty of heads in the truck on a dmax. I think it is easier in the truck then pulling the cab. I also dont pull 6.0L cabs and just yank the engine out to do head work on them. To each their own.:Cheer:

Ya no.... ill pull the engine wayyyyyyyyy before attempting a cab pull on a dmax I do alot of serious upgrades in the engine bay

I have done plenty of heads in the truck on a dmax. I think it is easier in the truck then pulling the cab. I also dont pull 6.0L cabs and just yank the engine out to do head work on them. To each their own.:Cheer:

I can see why, have had a few injector jobs, wish pullin it was an option, just cause

Not a lot to update, all the cac tubes and such are done, all the ford sensors are wired in along with the datalogger. Heater box has been relocated under the dash to give more room under the hood, just finishing up a blocker panel. Battery cables built and batteries mounted, all that is left is to finish inegrating the durmax harness, cruise control, brake switch, and install the GM APPS on the ford adjustable peddles.

Not a lot to update, all the cac tubes and such are done, all the ford sensors are wired in along with the datalogger. Heater box has been relocated under the dash to give more room under the hood, just finishing up a blocker panel. Battery cables built and batteries mounted, all that is left is to finish inegrating the durmax harness, cruise control, brake switch, and install the GM APPS on the ford adjustable peddles.

You have any info on the header box in the dash? Ir Removed my factory heaterbox from the firewall to make room for some big twins. Kind of miss having heat and A/C now.

You have any info on the header box in the dash? Ir Removed my factory heaterbox from the firewall to make room for some big twins. Kind of miss having heat and A/C now.

It is a complete Vintage Air setup. All self contained, then I had to build the ducts to the defrost and face vents and hook up the plumbing a few wires and mounted the switches in a custom face plate in the stock location. Takes some work to make it fit, lots of time with a mini air saw!:doh:

so if this were just say a big single or s300 would the factory heater core fit fine?

For sure. The dmax is smaller than the 6.0. I had a core mocked up in the truck for measurements without the turbo or the 3" thick waste gate flange and it fit so much better than a 6.0 or even a cummins.

It is a complete Vintage Air setup. All self contained, then I had to build the ducts to the defrost and face vents and hook up the plumbing a few wires and mounted the switches in a custom face plate in the stock location. Takes some work to make it fit, lots of time with a mini air saw!:doh:

Have a model for the vintage setup?

I saw another ford/cummins way back that was being sold with a vintage air setup in it, and the guy sent me some photos, but never could figure out what model it was.

Thanks, Taylor

Have a model for the vintage setup?

I saw another ford/cummins way back that was being sold with a vintage air setup in it, and the guy sent me some photos, but never could figure out what model it was.

Thanks, Taylor

Its a gen II super cooler. 61005-VUZ-A. The dash has to be cut a bit and it does get stuffed in there. There may be a better fitting system but due to time constraints we used this setup that we had ordered already for another project.

Well it is getting closer. Most of the wiring is done, heater box is all installed just need to finish the AC lines. Still having issues with the APPS even though all of the wiring and such is right from the GM not the ford. I am going to have to pull the trans because there is a massive coolant leak from between the adapter plate and the engine, someone dropped the ball there. Few more little things to wrap up and it should be ready to hit the road. But it does run!
[ame="http://s705.photobucket.com/user/ninerqb8/media/20131101_171016_zps6a92274d.mp4.html"]20131101_171016_zps6a92274d.mp4 Video by ninerqb8 | Photobucket[/ame]

Back