Duramax/Alli in a Super Duty

Well it is getting closer. Most of the wiring is done, heater box is all installed just need to finish the AC lines. Still having issues with the APPS even though all of the wiring and such is right from the GM not the ford. I am going to have to pull the trans because there is a massive coolant leak from between the adapter plate and the engine, someone dropped the ball there. Few more little things to wrap up and it should be ready to hit the road. But it does run!
20131101_171016_zps6a92274d.mp4 Video by ninerqb8 | Photobucket

:pop: , loved looking at all those pics and vids , looks like you frequently get to play and have some sort of fun ... :rockwoot:

awesome! should piss off some folks.

gonna pull it at all?

I am gonna try to talk him into it even just once for fun. Its just his daily driver/ hunting rig. He does plan to spray it down the track at some point, it ran into the 12's when it was a Fummins. Have some new badges being built for it as well since the destroked allison ones are not gonna cut it anymore.:evil

Well sweet. The o rings that seal the block to the adapter plate are leaking. The dowel pins coming from the upper oil pan and the big ass Ford cross member in the way makes it so I have to pull the engine all the way back out for a 2 dollar o ring.:bang

Well sweet. The o rings that seal the block to the adapter plate are leaking. The dowel pins coming from the upper oil pan and the big ass Ford cross member in the way makes it so I have to pull the engine all the way back out for a 2 dollar o ring.:bang

OMG !!!!!!!! DUDE thta BLOWS :doh:.. :banghead:

Well its back out, the o rings are not leaking they are just not even there! Just have to pull the girdle off so I can reseal it and the oil pan and not have to worry about doing this again.

Well, Hopefully it was easier than going in the first few times, I know how that can be , had a 8v92 apart a few months ago ( 4X) we had to pull the heads , kept finding counter bore incerts that were cracked, and leaking oil into oil pan . Talk about pissey mood in the shop.

That Sucks. I had my engine running on the test stand at high idle for a second while I was testing and didn't notice that I blew the oil rifle plug behind the flywheel housing out of the block... and when I lost oil pressure soaking the wall and floor with oil I finally figured out what happened.....

That would of sucked in chassis as a repair

Got it back out, pulled the adapter plate, oil pan, and girdle to reseal everything right. Its all back together now just waiting on new bolts for the flex plate and it will be back in. Hoping to have it back where it was before the leak by Friday, then get some miles on it and finish the little stuff next week.

Its back in and running with no leaks! Need to find out why I dont have a throttle pedal and touch up a few things then it should be ready for some miles. Need to lower the pressure on the FASS as well the 60 PSI from the p pump make the CP3's quite unhappy and they pump fuel out the exhaust. Little teaser video I will get e better one when the throttle works.
[ame="http://s705.photobucket.com/user/ninerqb8/media/2013-11-19173400_zps532ccb4b.mp4.html"]2013-11-19173400_zps532ccb4b.mp4 Video by ninerqb8 | Photobucket[/ame]

Badass :D ! ya 60 psi to cp3s is a little much ha ha

Yeah I knew better than to put 60 psi to them, but the engine builder said it would be fine.:umno: Runs fine when you pull the fuse on the FASS and let the CP3 do the work! Oh well new spring for the FASS and it will be fine.

Yeah I knew better than to put 60 psi to them, but the engine builder said it would be fine.:umno: Runs fine when you pull the fuse on the FASS and let the CP3 do the work! Oh well new spring for the FASS and it will be fine.

really they didn't say that did they?:doh:

really they didn't say that did they?:doh:

Afraid so. Oh well that really was not the problem anyhow, it made it start easier but it was still pouring fuel out the exhaust. Injector balance rates show +15 for the right bank and -7 for the left bank. Put a different engine harness on it and it runs just fine now. Who ever lengthened the FICM wiring to relocate it to the drivers head and make room for the twins just wrapped the wire splices with tape and called it good.:badidea: Another couple hours fixing someone elses mistake and putting it back together and I hope to actually drive it tomorrow.:rockwoot:

Back