Duramax cp3 on a cummins?

1stgensleeper

So I have a Duramax cp3 and am wondering if there's any advantage to putting it on my cummins and running it as a single cp3? Yes I know I could buy a dual cp3 kit and use it but I'm not looking to spend a lot of money at the moment.

Do the Duramax cp3's push more fuel than a cummins cp3 in stock form? I read that fuel inlet and outlets are on the back of the pump on a Duramax and on the side of the pump on a cummins so custom lines will be needed but anything else? Thanks for the info.

Not worth the time/labor. Go with the CARB legal PPE dual cp3 kit

Last edited:
What year Cummins?

Look for an 06+ duramax pump. They do flow a touch more. Hell of a lot easier to swap pumps compared to a dmax!

Has Modesto gotten big enough where you have to emission regularly? Possibly find a friend in a smaller town that you can have your registration sent to?

Has Modesto gotten big enough where you have to emission regularly? Possibly find a friend in a smaller town that you can have your registration sent to?

We have to have a smog check every 2 years. Modesto has well over 200,000 people living in it now but smog checks go by counties not towns. I can find smog shops to pass me no matter what but it's a hassle. I was just looking at modifying my truck without spending a large sum that's all.

Wow! That place grew like a mother! My folks live up the mountain in Sonora. It's growing big time too.

Wow! That place grew like a mother! My folks live up the mountain in Sonora. It's growing big time too.

Yeah Sonora is growing like crazy too. They don't have the smog crap though...yet....

It's going to be everywhere eventually, just wait. I'm trying to get 600+ and pass emissions.

Here's the new truck for your viewing pleasure.

e023edf299182d8b27907f6489dba8e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that duramax pump will bolt up in place. Your fuel lines will not work however. Cp3 pops up regularly in the classifieds for 250-350. I swapped mine out recently thinking it was weak which it wasnt. I installed the new one and left the high pressure line off. I put a1/2 rubber hose over the fitting and cranked for a bit just in case there was some debris in the pump.

Back