duramax engine, is it the same?

morkable

Just Over Broke
Im still looking at motorhomes, I have been presented with a sweet deal on a unit that has a duramax in it,,, looks like it might be the lmm,, at least it has the dpf on it.

My question is, would this just use the same programmer as a pickup? Could a person use EFI live on it?

I think that the chasis will handle what I want to put on it. The unit is based on the 5500 chevy chasis, it has a exhaust brake, and it is only 36 feet long and 2 slides.

What say you all on this?

I appreciate all and any opinions, and thoughts on this

Thanks

Kevin

Bump, Im thinking that with all the brilliant people on this site that someone must know

Its a 2008 jayco seneca. But it runs on a 5500 chev chasis. I crawled under it and it definately has the dpf on it. The engine was built in 2007....

LOL,, well, the price on this unit is just about too good to pass up,, but it may be a little short on HP in stock form

Im still looking at motorhomes, I have been presented with a sweet deal on a unit that has a duramax in it,,, looks like it might be the lmm,, at least it has the dpf on it.

My question is, would this just use the same programmer as a pickup? Could a person use EFI live on it?

I think that the chasis will handle what I want to put on it. The unit is based on the 5500 chevy chasis, it has a exhaust brake, and it is only 36 feet long and 2 slides.

What say you all on this?

I appreciate all and any opinions, and thoughts on this

Thanks

Kevin

yes, you can efi live it!

You could probably surprise alot of people with an EFI live 500+ HP motor home. I'd kill myself if I got smoked by a moho. LOL

dual cp3's a bigger turbo and a trans and tuning would be sweet in that thing! I bet it would get and go pretty good with that! :rockwoot:

LOL,, yeah that would be something wouldnt it,,,

The tranny is the allison 1000 6 speed

Yep same thing

I has a few different things about it but the same internals. That chassis will tow just fine. I tow with a motorhome also but its not a diesel. I have a ford v-10 f53 chassis. I use a thing called a trailer toad and it handles the trailer weight just fine. I just went to the rockingham race and it pulled the mountains just fine. Jeff

I've seen videos of them backing trailers with it and it did not appear to be difficult at all.

I found out today, that the engine is a LEY.. it is a derated LMM. I also found out that PPE and EFI live make programmers for it.

I am really going to look into that trailer toad

trailer toad

It will be the best money you could spend! I doesn't change anything when you back up. It goes into your hitch, It only moves up/down. There is no side to side so no problems backing up. The tires pivot a little for turning but the main frame stays strait. Jeff