duramax in 87 crewcab 4x4 chevy

sprowzms

I have the duramax and allision with factory transfer case all mounted up. the trucks runs with a stand alone wiring harness from ppe. the first time it strarted it sounded just like it ran before it was removed. the harness came with a ppe programer. i took a spare ecm from another truck that i have efi live on and got it running with the ppe harness with efi live. my conversion is close to being driveable i need drive shafts and some steering. it has 44" boogers mounted to 2.5 ton rockwell axles. the conversion was not as bad as i expected. if anyone is interested on doing a conversion like this i could give some advice and pics of what i did.

I have the duramax and allision with factory transfer case all mounted up. the trucks runs with a stand alone wiring harness from ppe. the first time it strarted it sounded just like it ran before it was removed. the harness came with a ppe programer. i took a spare ecm from another truck that i have efi live on and got it running with the ppe harness with efi live. my conversion is close to being driveable i need drive shafts and some steering. it has 44" boogers mounted to 2.5 ton rockwell axles. the conversion was not as bad as i expected. if anyone is interested on doing a conversion like this i could give some advice and pics of what i did.

:nopics:

i would like some pics and info on how involved this swap this is. i might doin something very similar soon. i'll be gettin an 07 dmax engine and wiring harness and ecm. also allison and tcm. how difficult was it to get everything in and working? did you have a donor truck to see how everything was factory or just a motor? pics of the engine bay would be awesome. thanks

chris