Duramax Swap?

Bobus

Powerstroked
Ok now I now all about the Idea of the Cummins swaps into the Ford Chassis... For the fact that there Easier & Cheaper to get higher HP levels out of.. But doesnt the same go for the Duramax? I have read of some High HP Duramaxs out there, How cheap are they to build up? Are they as Reliable as the Cummins once built up? I ask cause I think it would be kinda cool to be a real rare one and have a Duramax Powered Ford.. What your thoughts on that it, and could it even be done?

This was just a weird thought i had yesterday, and I thought i'd put it up here and see what others thought of the Idea:rockwoot:

To go above 550 hp. with a duramax requires aftermarket connecting rods at the price of $2500-2800.

hmm thats new too me, i thought it was 650hp, thanks for the info grotman! :rockwoot:

With the earlier years and their injector problems that we have been dealing with I would way rather work on my 6.0 than a Duramax.

I thought 660hp be for you have to do rods

I don't know if you can be that specific. A lot of it will depend on how the truck is driven and where the hp is made.

I have a few guys running over 700 with stock rods, but I, also, know of two that were less (never saw them dyno) and bent a rod.

I don't know if you can be that specific. A lot of it will depend on how the truck is driven and where the hp is made.

I have a few guys running over 700 with stock rods, but I, also, know of two that were less (never saw them dyno) and bent a rod.
very true, I tell people 550 just to be safe.

So really the Duramax isn't as good of a Swap Canidate as the Cummins.. Plus with the Electronics makes it that much harder

To swap a Duramax into anything is really for a all out performance applications. Unless you are racing, I don't see the point.

The Cummins is fairly easy to swap; many companies make adapters and components to make it easy. So, it just makes since to use a Cummins for a daily driver.

duramax would be a good motor swap you can make 650 hp with lift pump turbo and tune what else can do that???
if you want more then that you need rods,pistons, and head studs

I say 500 and you need Rods. and 600 before rods on a Powerstroke. Then again. I remember in DPM a while ago. I think his name is psyhcostroker made like 1600 ft. lbs. of torque on stock rods and a single i 7.3 now thats a guy I would like to talk to .

ya i have seen tons of duramaxes make much more then 500 with out rods but ok my truck is one of them

ya i have seen tons of duramaxes make much more then 500 with out rods but ok my truck is one of them

yeah they are out there. But my friend was only making 514 with efi and wam bam thank you mam bent rods. All 8. So I say go for the strentgh of added secuirty. You could always shot peened and strees relieve them be cheaper. Bobo is still on stock rods right?

i dont think so his truck is built
ya i have heard of guys with stock tune and cracked pistons all im saying is most can handle over 500hp with stock rods
just like some of the 6.0s dont go into the shop for tranny heads or turbo

duramax would be a good motor swap you can make 650 hp with lift pump turbo and tune what else can do that???
if you want more then that you need rods,pistons, and head studs

What about the trans? I didn't think the stock Allison would survive.

Back