Duration with bigger injectors

dangerous06

diesel tech
I'm fighting a smoke problem and was wondering what way you would go with duration with bigger injectors? I only have 90hp injectors but think playing with the duration may help with the smoke issue I already dropped my timing and have better results but still have smoke when towing.

I'm fighting a smoke problem and was wondering what way you would go with duration with bigger injectors? I only have 90hp injectors but think playing with the duration may help with the smoke issue I already dropped my timing and have better results but still have smoke when towing.

I wouldnt drop timing to much but dropping duration will def help. Log the truck and keep rail pressure high. Big injectors make most of there power with at least 23k plus. If you have dual fuelers keep duration low for a smoke free tune but keep rail higher for good atomozation (sp)?

if you only have 90hp injectors and its smokey i'm assuming your running a ton of duration way too early

I doubt you would need to mess with duration down low with those injectors. You should make sure your duration table is stock and then try only messing with the last few columns on the duration table. If you are over 3000Us in the last two columns you're probably running to much duration for towing.. I think before weren't you trying 3400 or 3600us? in the last two columns for your max.

How are you identifying where you are when towing in your program? Do you have a rail pressure gage? When you are towing you should be looking at rail psi and rpm. This should help you locate where in your timing table you are at. Example if your were running stock program. If you are cruising at 1800 RPM and rail psi is at 17,2000 then you timing is around -7 deg.. My guess is like John has stated before your timing is way to high if its smokey.. Also if you tq table is crazy in the last 3 columns this will cause smoke as well.