DV question

SmokenGo

Hello All,
First time post. I need a little feed back . Been outa work for several monthsan just resently back. So you will understand where I am comin from. Just replaced injectors in my 94 dodge truck with stage 2 have decent power after 55 but throttle chatter on low end. I know it the DV's. I work as a tool maker an have access to all sorts of grinding equipment. Can I grind the collars down alittle bit at a time till I get what I want as far as fuel delivery is concerned. Short on cash but have extra set of stock valves. Read where guy were grindin them with air grinders an drimmel tools. I run a precision cutter grinder an sure to get each one exactly the same. any in put would be great. Thanks :bang:bang

Attachments

• Delivery Valves compared.jpg
    Delivery Valves compared.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 52
there is several opinions out there but the best thing would be to start working your way up a little at a time from the bottom of the shoulder up until you get something you like. depending on what your end goal or result is will depend on how you go about modifing the DV's. fill out a sig and give a little info on what your looking for and you will get a better answer from the folks around here.

Stage 2 from whom? I bet it's the pattern on those 4-hole nozzles, not the delivery valves.

Nope they are 5 hole and I got them from Pensecola fuel. I know but had to send them back an get replace once one was stuck open. Timein had been advanced but teh old truck has over 200k on it an all I use if for is gettin 2 work. But do a lot of Interstate driven. Run great after 55 plenty of power an smoothes out after TB starts spoolin. Had deisel machanic tell me to get big DV's.

Nope they are 5 hole and I got them from Pensecola fuel. I know but had to send them back an get replace once one was stuck open. Timein had been advanced but teh old truck has over 200k on it an all I use if for is gettin 2 work. But do a lot of Interstate driven. Run great after 55 plenty of power an smoothes out after TB starts spoolin. Had deisel machanic tell me to get big DV's.

Your problem in bold.

yea I know I F'D up but bein outa work for 7 months thing got real tight an the old ones would hardly move the truck. when I get back on top they will come out.

Back