dyno dissapointment

smknram

"ADICTED"
hello everyone. i am new to comp diesel but some may know me from other forums. anyways i finally got my truck on a dyno not to long ago and put down 370 hp. whats wrong? is it just me or is that rather low for everything in my sig.? thanks for any help

Welcome to Comp Diesel.
It takes some tuning to get everything working together. Most folks are a little disapointed first time on the rollers. Thats what the dyno is for.

Timing or fuel pressure maybe? That charger could probably use some more fuel either way from what i've been seeing in other's combinations via the interweb. good luck either way!

I forgot to put in my sig that my timing is at 16.5, im kind of scared to take it any higher without headwork. and i havent checked fuel pressure but im sure its pretty low at WOT

smknram said:
I forgot to put in my sig that my timing is at 16.5, im kind of scared to take it any higher without headwork. and i havent checked fuel pressure but im sure its pretty low at WOT

Also, look up the thread about govenor springs where Smokem discusses the intermediate spring removal on the 4kgsk kit. You may find some more fueling there, at the cost of reduced rpms though.

Hmm that has to be a tuning issue either that or the operator of the dyno itself?? You may want to try some bigger Delivery valves? Whats your fuel pressure wide open? I would be very unhappy if had that set up with those numbers. How do you like those 435's? I'm thinking they are next for me...

how much boost do you see from the charger? You could very well need a little bit more fuel, although i do think your numbers still seem a little low. Have you ever ran at the drag strip any?

i like the 435's. i believe they are worth the extra $100 over 370's. as far as boost im getting 48-50 psi. and i have ran at the drag strip but only 1/8th mile. my best time was a 9.18 at 74 mph with a 1.89 60' time which is also disapointing because my boss was there with his early '07 duramax with just a edge box and intake and ran a 9.07

Sounds like u need some tuning

dont worry im in the same boat.. were all here to learn.. Dyno operators also dont help none if they dont know what they are doin..

Rick

yeah, Don M makes it sound so easy, from what i hear i have everything to make close to 500 happen, i just need to know what and how to tune everything to make it happen. any help at all from anybody would be greatly apprciated

smknram said:
yeah, Don M makes it sound so easy,

Don M is one of the last people I would listen to when it comes to P pump tuning...

I have heard that the 435's dump alot of fuel, buddy of mine had to totally upgrade the fuel system in his truck to get them to work as advertised. On a side note he did have a built pump.

are you smoking at 48-50psi? If you look at my sig I have trapped 96mph in the 1/4 mi and I top out at 48psi with the exhaust completely clean even without the water injection. from what I hear the 435's can roll some coal, maybe you are just underfueled for your injector?

i get a slight haze at WOT but not much. do you think that not having enough fuel pressure is what is killing me?