Dyno run/blown headgasket

zirzow

Well i finally hit the dyno yesterday and i put down some decent numbers. With all the mods and at an elevation of around 6000ft, the truck put down 587HP,1076 on torque. on the drive home the head gasket blew. Any tips and tricks to replacing it and also a good way to clean the cooling system and get the coolant in the black? and also what are your thougts A1 studs compared to ARP? With a bad head gasket do you usually see oil or coolant coming from between the head and block? or just the coolant and oil just mix together. because i am starting to wonder if my oil cooler took a ****. Thanks for any advice.

It all depends on where it blew at. Internal or external. Both studs are good. And to clean it out you will need slot of dish washing soap and a garden hose. And some time to clean it out.

Like diehard said, clean your cooling system with dawn dishwashing soap and run straight water. You will have to repeat the process a few times over, but it works well.

Thanks alot. It seems to be an internal leak. There is no visible leak on the outside. I take it you hook the hose up tp one of the heater hose ports?

No.

Empty the system, fill with soap and water solution. Run engine for a couple minutes. Drain. Rinse and repeat.

What i've done in the past is fill with dish soap and water. Drive it Get it up to temp, and pull the upper hose off the radiator. Put the water hose in the fill cap and let it run, it will flush it out. You will have to drain it completely and repeat this several times.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch guys. Sounds like it will take a little time. Just wanted to make sure i did not do anything wrong. What are your guys opinions on A1 studs?

Yea i was using the stock headbolts. That was actually doing be be my next upgrade HaHaHa