Dynomite stage 3's with a 13mm pump?

SSSDiesel

Sparkplug
Just curious I am building a race truck and I have a 13mm pump on it and i'm thinking of sticking some DDP 3's injectors in it for the drags. Has anyone done this? Do you think there to small? The truck has a fire ringed head, and a Phat shaft 66

I would go with stage 4s at least if youre running the 13mm pump. Why so small on the charger with such a big pump?

:hehe: I try. Naw man seriously though, im not sure if it would be alright or not. Im not an expert by any means but I have heard a few times that running too small of an injector can damage big pumps. No idea if im right or wrong, just what ive "heard/read". On DDP's website it says that a minimum of stage 4 injectors are recommended

http://www.dynomitediesel.com/display_part/328.php

trainrobber is running that setup but with twins I think.Hes running low 11's if not faster

With a 13mm p-pump on a 24valve, what would the minimum injector size be? Mach 7's? DDPComp250's?

When a 13mm pump is used minimum stage 4 is recommended to keep line pressure from being mental. A 3 is good for about 450-600cc max. A 13 at 21mm rack could pump 800ish. This will raise fuel temps and possibly stick a plunger.
Train Robber runs two sets of injectors. His 3s and some big ones.
Keep the fuel plate back to limit the fuel, youl be ok.

Big pump and small injectors takes just about a year to beat the camshaft out of it, of course this was with different springs and no coated items inside. Went down this road long ago!

Jim

Where was the plate set at Jim? 500cc? All the way back? 0 plate or no plate? Thanks!

porterhousehomersig.gif

Ok I'm freaking hungry now ......

Varied a little on the two different stands, one was 750cc the other was 680cc's.

Jim

This will definitely make tuning more interesting. Medium fines for too much smoke, big fines(pump damage) for running too much rack travel and not enough injector.