Easiest way to change control arm bushings

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
I finally got my control arm bushings in for my skyjacker control arms but I'm running into an issue here. I can't get the alignment cam bolt out. Any of yall have any tips on how to remove that bolt? It's been so long since I've done my lift that I don't remember how I got them out last time. Thanks for the help yall.

If they have been in there a long time they are going to be a pain in the arse!! You might have to put a little heat to them to get them out. When you finally get them out put a little anti-seize on the new ones. That will help when you have to change them out again.

You talking the bolt or bushings? Both have been in for about 4 years but the bushings are gonna be easy to change. Just get a screw driver in and pry them out. Gotta love aftermarket control arms.

If the bolt is frozen to the bushing, it's not gonna be any fun. I had all 8 of my control arm bolts seized in mine. Between the smoke wrench and a sawzall with a carbide blade on it, I finally got them out.

I used a punch and a 3 lbs hammer....and alot of sweat.

If you have new bushings and bolts then put some heat to them with a torch... loosen things right up.