eaton 13speed to 2000 F550?

7inchstack

diesel dork
anyone ever done anything like this? i no a guy who put a 12v cummins in a chevy with a 13 speed. seems intreasting. and my tranny in this truck is gone...figured go big or go home, lol any help would be great!
Thanks

i imagine its possible. i think all you would need would be from the bell housing adapter back and you could put it in there with a new crossmember. unless you already have one your gonna need an air supply for the splitter

All the clutch and motor plate from a 8.3 will fit so you can use the 13sp .is it a 6613 or 613.

Dale

Not to change the subject but I have heard of guys using a Freightliner tranny from medium duty trucks. They used the 5.9 in the FL70 trucks and others. You wouldnt need air and the tranny would be smaller in size

my 2 cents

lews930, would too need air. 13spd would be like whats in a 80,000lb over the road truck. Some of the fl70s had 5&6spds, those don't need air.
why not just put an 18spd, they pretty much weight the same as the 13spd!!! Not sure but I think the weight is around 300-400lbs.

The RTO 6610 wt is 385lb and the 6613 is over 500lb these tranies are out of the smallerdelevery trucks I have a RTO 6610 in my 75 ford.the ESO 7speed wt.are about 600lb thet make the nv5600 look like baby trany's.

Are you going to run the powerstroke or switch to a cummins? You can bolt about anything to the back of a cummins. I do happen to have a sae #2 housing and maybe a starter for a powerstroke if you want to keep that engine. You would have to find a fly wheel though.

Not to change the subject but I have heard of guys using a Freightliner tranny from medium duty trucks. They used the 5.9 in the FL70 trucks and others. You wouldnt need air and the tranny would be smaller in size

my 2 cents

Yes this ol boy here is right you can get these engin adapter plates from freightliner for about $230 and they even put 10 speeds behind these to and the 10 , 13, 15, and the 18 speeds are the same bolt pattern no matter what.

anyone ever done anything like this? i no a guy who put a 12v cummins in a chevy with a 13 speed. seems intreasting. and my tranny in this truck is gone...figured go big or go home, lol any help would be great!
Thanks

Yes Iv done this conversion, youl need to get a power steering pump/ compressor off of a bus that has a 5.9 cummins in it. The compressor on the busses works great cause they are so compact. But then you have air for your 10 13 or whatever the heck you decide to use on this build. But the other cool thing is, that you can take air tanks off of any class 8 and use them for like running air impacts off of your pick-up too. We've got this done to a 94 cab and chasis that has a 14 ft flatbed on it. The other obsticle that you'll run into is a tranny mount and if you know a welder then your set ( just make the SOB really stout cause that tranny weighs about 850lbs) hopefully this info helps ya out man. keep us posted if you decide to do it.

thanks for all the help guys, im still trying to convince my boss to let me do it. its either a built auto or do this swap. ill keep you guys posted on what happens.