ECM Problem.

EvanBoothe

Hey guys, I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. No power, limp mode, won't rev above 1200 Rpms in drive, it pops and bucks like crazy but is drivable if I have my quadrille completely cranked up. Put new map sensor in didn't help. Only code is p0237 so I probed the pig tail and I'm only getting .8 volts on the orange wire. I probed the 50 pin connector on the ECM with the key on truck not running and coming out of the plug I'm getting .8 volts so I now know that the wires not cut or anything it's just not getting power. Only thing I changed recently was I put a new negative battery cable connector on and I did have a lol up switch on it but it worked fine for 2 days that's why I don't think the switch caused the problem.

Here's a video

Cummins Problem - YouTube

These trucks are pretty sensitive. Bad batteries, bad grounds, 1 bad sensor, etc.. Can make it drive like chit.

That code is for the MAP sensor. It will definitely run like crap with that bad. The 237 code specifically points to low input voltage. You need to trace the wire and look for breaks or bad/loose connections first and eliminate that.

EDIT: Just because it reads a voltage doesn't mean the wiring is well off either. .8 is low. IIRC it should have an input voltage of 5 volts.

Last edited:
These trucks are pretty sensitive. Bad batteries, bad grounds, 1 bad sensor, etc.. Can make it derive like chit.

That code is for the MAP sensor. It will definitely run like crap with that bad. The 237 code specifically points to low input voltage. You need to trace the wire and look for breaks or bad/loose connections first and eliminate that.

EDIT: Just because it reads a voltage doesn't mean the wiring is well off either. .8 is low. IIRC it should have an input voltage of 5 volts.

I did trace the wire I went all the way down to the ECM plug and at the lowest point of the wire right behind the plug where the wire comes out I'm still only getting .8 volts also this map sensor code goes away when I take my quadzilla off but the problem still exsist.... But no codes

Also I know the oil pressure sensor or iat is ran power through the same wire. Dash shows no oil pressure says check gauges

I had an issue that was tied to the map sensor and APPS... it turned out to be an ECM

I had an issue that was tied to the map sensor and APPS... it turned out to be an ECM

What was the issue with the apps? At first I was getting a p0222 which is idle validation I cleaned the apps and reset it I do need to buy a new one but this would not cause bucking and popping and limp mode or atleast that's what I'm told

I chased a similar issue to what you're having for a week, I ran through all the wires, everything checked out. I found one of the batteries was drawing power and not getting enough volts to the ecm. I changed the batteries, and it instantly fixed my problem.

I chased a similar issue to what you're having for a week, I ran through all the wires, everything checked out. I found one of the batteries was drawing power and not getting enough volts to the ecm. I changed the batteries, and it instantly fixed my problem.

Lets hope. thank you all though for the help!

Batteries didn't help...

If the powr and ground is good I'd throw an ECM at it. If you have a friend with one, it only takes about 10 min to swap them out.