ecm with p pump???

dsl kicks gas

Runnin on Broke
are you guys still running the ecm with you p pump set up?

idecited to run my stock 24v harness with my 12v.......but i have already sold my ecm......im asuming to get all the gauges and so on to read i have to have the ecm....

Im keeping mine on my truck. We have a 24v truck that someone put a 12v in and its a nightmare to get the gauges to work.I dont think the will ever work

my plan is to use my stock harness, just not have the crank and cam sensor's and the pump or apps pluged in, paint the check engine light black and call it good......im hoping the oil psi and water temp work but like i said i think i have to have the ecm for it to work.

ive given up on the tach working, the 98 24v reads off the crank sensor and a 12v has no place for the sensor or tone wheel for it to read off of. i have shimed 4k springs so i will be turing 4200-4400rmp's so ill get a universal 5k tach and put it in a steering colum pod........

do i have it close to figured out or am i WAY off lol

also i need the shut off solnoid to work i have 3 wires, then a plug that takes it to 2 wires.

are you guys still running the ecm with you p pump set up?

idecited to run my stock 24v harness with my 12v.......but i have already sold my ecm......im asuming to get all the gauges and so on to read i have to have the ecm....

Pm Sig73 on this site, he has an 01 with a 12v, and all gauges work. I have an 02 24v with a p-pump and all gauges work. I know with the 02 24v you need to use an adapter to relocate the cam sensor. The 24v wire harness works with the 12v with some very basic splicing for the shut off.

the only problem im seeing is the 98 tach runs off the crank sensor not the cam like the later years......ive gave up on that.....as long as everything else works

With my 02 I believe the cam and crank are one in the same. Don't know about 981/2.

i think in the 99-02 the tach is a joint signal between the cam and crank....could be wrong, but the 98.5 is just off the crank.....

Ill talk to my brother he did get the tach to work with no ecm.

sounds to me like your best bet would be to try to find the stuff out of a 98 12 valve truck...... the cluster is different I think

thats a lot of trouble and money LOL for now im going to see if i can get it to work with out the tach.

well the ecm did the trick my dash is just lit up like a christmas tree lol water in fuel, check engine, trans temp(has always been a 5spd truck), check gauges, air bag seatbelt....basicly everything but cruise,wait to start and washer fluid light lol

on most trucks the 01 and 02 24v only had a cam sensor no crank 98.5 to 2000 used both, thats wy if you swap a 53 block out for a newer engine you usualy have to swap the crank out as well (if gettin it from a junkyard) at least that has been my experience

now i got the lights to go out, but none of the gauges work!!!!!!! and the it wont start with the egnition switch........i can jump the sol on the starter....starts and runs fine, just no gauges. i did the check gauge thing where you hold the trip button and turn the key on all the gauges did the full sweep. im about over this lol

now i got the lights to go out, but none of the gauges work!!!!!!! and the it wont start with the egnition switch........i can jump the sol on the starter....starts and runs fine, just no gauges. i did the check gauge thing where you hold the trip button and turn the key on all the gauges did the full sweep. im about over this lol

I don't think you're going to get them to work without the ECM that is on the side of the block. Some of the gauge senders (such as the oil pressure sender) go to the ECM and the information is sent to the gauge cluster via the CCD data bus system.

I've got a '98 FSM with the 24v supplement that I will check and tell you what gauges get their data from the ECM when I get home.

so without input from the crank and cam sensor nothing will work? that still dont esplain why the grid heater and starter wont work off the key switch