Edge Comp Problems

AMMO22

BANNED
I got an Edge Comp for the wife's 99 24V. Everything hooked up easy but it doesn't have the punch I thought it would. It very very slightly smokes on 5x5. I can't tell a big difference in 1x1 and 5x5. Is it possible I made some mistakes? What should I look at to possibly make it right.

Bare with me folks, I'm still new with the Cummins side. Thanks

Last edited:
Check all your connections, especially the tap into the VP44. Thats the connection that will seperate 1x1 from 5x5. As long as the box is good, my money is on the tapped wire not getting a good connection. Also, its been awhile since I installed mine, is there a ground to connect? If so, check that too. Good Luck

yea if it isnt smoking check the wire tap connection. TST has a nice wire tap connection that i use (posi-tap i think), i believe all it is is a wire tester but it makes tapping the wire a breeze. did you tap the one closest to the head/block? soldering into the pump wire is the best avenue but i have only had a bad connection once, and it was easily fixed. remember scotchlocks are a pretty shoddy way of connecting in, either solder or use a wire tapper from a vendor in my opinion. also if i remember correctly the wire only has a couple strands so dont spin or twist your connection to cut through the insulation and you definitely dont want to cut the wire if soldering or connecting.

If the comp is like my juice, you can take the end off the box and start the truck. If the pump wire it tapped properly, the LEDs on the end of the circuit board will be scrolling back and forth. Check the trouble shooting section in your manual. I would imagine the comp is the same. That way you can test it without pulling that dang wire off and on....that sucks.

i had the same problem and it trned out to be the vp connection. the pump cover would proably be you best chocie but i soddered mine and it fixed it but a few days later i thought hope nothing goes wrong with the wiring harness but oh well

I re-checked everything. I even took the pump wire back off and put it back on. It pierced the pump wire so I know there is a connection from the Edge to the pump wire. Is it possible the box is bad? If it is can I send it back to Edge for repairs?

if you try everything and think it still isnt working see if you can scrounge up another comp. if not, call edge, they will probably just tell you to send it in. when you do DRAG COMP THAT BISH.

Call edge and ask for Jarod. He is the one that helped me out and seems to get back with me asap when I call. I have delt with others with little to no action. This is my third Juice box. They should just swap you out if you tell them you can't have your truck down. If you message them for a while, they'll send you one to replace it while they look at the other one. If not, they'll just say send it in and you'll have to unhook everything. Good luck.

Check the ground, it has been the cause of many folks pulling hair. If it and all other connections are good you might just have a bad box, which has been an all to common occurrence lately with Edge it seems :(

Billysgoat said:
Check the ground, it has been the cause of many folks pulling hair. If it and all other connections are good you might just have a bad box, which has been an all to common occurrence lately with Edge it seems :(
Exactly what I was thinking. Run a ground wire from your battery to the airhorn & ground the comp to this wire....should fix it. Also...What is the Fuel pressure readings? You could have a bad lp.

It could be a bad box if all other connections are right. I sent mine back twice, and they gave me a new one no problems.

haz-mat19 said:
It could be a bad box if all other connections are right. I sent mine back twice, and they gave me a new one no problems.
Will it be as simple even if I bought the box used? What kind of prices would I be looking at?

I know its not working right now, she ran 18.57 last night. I sure thought it would have ran quicker than that.
I'll try for a better ground first, and go from there. Thanks guys

You're 100% positive you pierced the right pump wire? You would'nt be the first to tap the wrong wire. $.02

18.57? i doubt the comp is working at all, not even EZ mode, check your grounds. if possible talk to the person who sold it to you and try to get a feel for if they are genuine or not that they sold you an operational box. the comp is pretty straight forward, if you have good connections you should be at least in the high 16s.

Double J said:
You're 100% positive you pierced the right pump wire? You would'nt be the first to tap the wrong wire. $.02
I pierced the top wire (the one easiest to get to).

sounds like the right one, there are a pair of wires that come from the electronics on the pump and go to the center of the injector lines. make sure the one closest to the head is the one you have tapped.

Attachments

• 0903071056.jpg
    0903071056.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
Thats the exact same wire I tapped onto. So I'll check my grounds and other connections again.

AMMO22 said:
Will it be as simple even if I bought the box used? What kind of prices would I be looking at?

I know its not working right now, she ran 18.57 last night. I sure thought it would have ran quicker than that.
I'll try for a better ground first, and go from there. Thanks guys

I believe they have a 2 year warranty and it shouldn't matter if it is used or not. There should be a date on the box to is build date, plus they will know when you give them the serial number. If it is under warranty there is no cost other then shipping. With my comp not tapped I ran a low 16, so it does not seem to be working at all, good luck.