Edge Comp stack options

Smoky

What would be the best stack combination with an Edge Comp on the 01 CTD w/auto

For the money, nothing. A smarty will add a bit of fuel down low, bit will not net any added hp. You have the hot unlock?

no didnt go for the hot unlock thought might be able to use that 100 towards something else. is it worth the money?

can i run the Comp Smarty stack w/stock trans, and no major mods

ive got 3 hooks w/stock trans 2 of them w/comp all the way up and ran smooth. not sure if trans is original, truck has 150k on it

You have gauges? Whats the tranny run temp wise? I good TC / VB combo will suprise you. But honestly I would go for the hot unlock = more revs.

With the TC ive been told i will need a full billet flex plate is this true. if i do TC/VB upgrade do i need to have the trans rebuilt first

yea I ran my comp with a stock tranny and 1 month later it was in the shop, but mine is the hot version. I just purchased the smarty also to stack, but I sent my comp back to edge for an update and get my wiring harness fixed

billet converter, kevlar bands, valve body, and clutch discs. I'm going to replace my converter and valve body again with suncoast because the ones I have I don't think will hold up after I stack my edge

thats who i was thinking of going with but dont really know how stought i need the trans to be built. talked to a lot of different people and majority are telling me i need billet flex plate and all billet shafts. the truck only sees at the most 5 hooks a year and would like to keep it driveable

The guy I get most of my stuff from told me not to get all billet shafts simply because my truck is my daily driver. I'm getting all billet later except for the tailshaft, because it's the easiest to replace and the cheapest since the whole tranny doesn't have to be dropped. About the flex plate if that's what everyone is saying then I would probably go ahead and get it. Better safe than sorry

I'm running a Smarty with the Comp and I love it...especially the new Smarty software, has 6 settings for your torque management. But a stock tranny wont live very long behind it, especially if you're pulling with it. Mine lasted about 10k daily driving.

Also, go for as much high performance tranny upgrades as you can afford, as soon as you can afford it!! You may not need a full billet tranny now, but you will once you start making more power, and then more power, and then even more power. my $0.02

Have you had any problems with the Smarty. I heard people frying ECM after they run it for a while. Thanks for tips on tranny dont know how far ill go since i wanna be able to keep the truck somewhat streetable.

That's what I said too. But for drivability...I loved my truck with intake, exhaust, comp, small injectors all on the stock HX35. I got 383/752 out of it.
CHEAP AND EASY!! BUt the tranny didn't live long.

With the tranny (georand), smarty and SPS62 I'm getting 474/944. And it's great on the street but I liked the HX35 better for driving ALL the time and not towing very much.

ANd I have not had any issues with the Smarty, and never heard of it frying an ECM.