edge/hypertech-Need your opinions

NOVI FED COUPE

I got a Hypertech III Programmer for cheap so I bought it and stuck it on my truck. About the only good it did was re-calibrate for my bigger tires. You can tell some performance gain. My question is, I have a Comp box coming for my truck would it be ok to leave the Hypertech on there and turn it down to stage one or should I pull it off?

That depends. The only way it could hurt anything is if it adds timing, which it probably does. If so your timing might be to advanced with the stack. Hopefully somebody knows more about the hypertech.

Take the hypertech off, it's pretty much useless and can interfere with the Comp.

Put it on the lowest setting and try it with the comp. Then try just the comp. If the stack is as good or better, leave it on!!

Id get rid of that Hypertech. its trash and could do harm. Dont run the two if u cant turn the timing off of the hypertech... ive heard of people running the Smarty on 9 and the comp on 5x5 and they actaully blow the engine, so really, id be careful. Like on the smarty u can turn the timing off...even numbers.... but hypertech, id trash it

Smarty. Plus it is the stack with the comp. It reads/clears DTC's too!

Back