Edge Insight Monitor for 96+ 12v is it worth it

zrultima

I was looking around because I am at the point where gauges are needed for my setup when I came across the edge monitor for 96 and up vehicles.
.Has anyone used it on their 12v if so can it provide me with the most important gauges pyro, boost, and fuel pressure? I am all for simplicity but a lcd digital gauge looks nice and for what i figure it around the same as mechanical gauges is it worth to buy??

It sounds like a great ideo its just if I buy mechanical gauges they will be around the same price as an LCD insight where I can see many gauges all in one screen. I like being minimalist I hate clutter on the truck. I cant believe mech gauges are as much as this thing is

I'd say its worth it since you can data log with the edge monitor. Although I'm partial to mechanical gauges.

I run a edge insight and it works great. Before i had ran a brand name data logger and had nothing but issues.

Will it work with a 97 though they tell me its much more expensive than mechganical gauges and I would need to buy more attachment to make it work which then turns into more money

It is more expensive but it looks cleaner. I've ran Edge products multiple times, an have been up to almost 700 ponies. But for gauges, I would say do iiiiiit. Its clean and you can watch many readings.

Well shoot I thought you wouldnt be able to see much since everything on a 12v is mechanical and it would barely read anything. Well I went with some Isspro after the folks at the cummins forums told me you would have to buy a sensor for everything fuel pressure, boost, tranbs temps and so on and so on so I am on a budget so I went with Isspro hopefully their worth the money1

Good choice. Either way.
The only difficult part is once you start climbing in numbers.

I bought the one with 100psi boost and 1600 pyro and fuel pressure i believe but I cant wait to get it