egr cooler bypass help

bripper

I have a 04 F250 had 3 turbos,2egrcoolers,headgasket replaced oil cooler replaced, and now my warrenty ended and my egrcooler is leaking again. I read some old post about this bypass anyone know of a good kit to buy?:bang

Naturally, I like my EGR delete kit,you can find out more info if you follow the link in my signature.

egr cooler

hey guys, thanks for the feed back, my egr cooler is leaking for your answer Psd,, by deleting complete egr cooler for an 04 f250 6.0 will the check engine lite come on ? And how will this affect engine? I am not a mechanic by trade so bear with me. thanks bart

Leaking in the valley of the motor at the slip fitting on the oil cooler? Leaking internally and pumping coolant out the exhaust?

I ask because even with a cooler delete kit. Is the oil cooler clogged again and taking out the new egr cooler? If you delete the egr cooler and then melt the engine down from the oil over heating will upset you at a later date...

I `m pumping coolant out exhaust like a fog machine, and yes I will replace oil cooler also. just tired of the dealership BS and ford at this point,I sure do appreciate your call backs

Have Adam weld you up an intake. Get you a new oil cooler and you will be good to go. If you are leaking from the egr cooler. Pull the EGR valve out and pressurize the cooling system. Look in the egr hole and you will see coolant if you can lift the back end of the truck a little bit. This can help you check if it might be a cracked head or a cooler.

Hey thanks PSD, they checked the heads when I bought into the dealership checked out ok, but I will have a friend who works on deisels check again just for sure! Have a happy newyear:Cheer:

Last edited:
Back