Egr cooler question

CR785

Ok not to swift with the 6.0's, i have a guy wanting me to put an egr cooler delete kit on his truck. My question is, can you do this without removing the cab? How long about does it take if you dont have to? And if he needs programing is sct the only one? Thanks, anything you can throw in would be great, thanks in advance.

yes it can be done with cab on. it takes a few hours to do. longest part is taking the turbo off.

The first time I did one it basically took all day. I took my time though. No need to take cab off at all. Some of the kits you dont have to remove the intake manifold, I could see how that would save a lot of time. The truck I did also had over 100k miles on it and the "reusable" intake manifold gaskets, were not reusable. Had to spend some time cleaning up the mating surfaces too, and also cleaned up the manifold itself and the EGR valve. Not hard to do at all, just tedious.

If it's an 06 and up, yes you will need an SCT to turn the check engine light off. We use the SCT's on the 6.0's because nothing else work's quite as good as they do. Delete it, get you a custom tuned SCT for your particular stategy from one of our site sponsor's and enjoy a 6.0 the way it should be. Gary

Back