EGR cooler?

micker12

Hey guys, Im thinking my truck just ate another EGR cooler. The truck has had a list if issues, head gaskets, high pressure oil pump, egr cooler's & oil coolers, injectors, ficm, ecm, you name it ive probably broken at least once. Where im going with this is that the truck is an 05 with 77K now and I just had Ford put a EGR cooler in it less then 4k ago, and that was the forth one! I scan the truck today and my oil temp was 238 and my eng temp was 187, so Im in trouble again. I work on Nissans everyday, so I have a general understanding if you know what I mean, but 4k im thinking something is taking these coolers out. What do you guys think? The truck has exhaust, k&n thats it, other then a 5-disk torque convertor. I like the truck I like to think one day it will all be fixed :bang

And the tuner in the truck? Are the oil cooler and egr cooler being replaced together or what? When you replaced the last oil cooler what did you do to flush all of the contamination from the cooling system?

Is the cooler blocked off or is the exhaust still pumping through it?

No tuner, and yeah the thing has been flushed. The oil cooler was just replaced with the EGR cooler. I dont know

Back