EGR Delete and block off plate

2001400ex

Okay all, I have a 2006 F-250 with 103,000 miles. For now it is stock, but I have purchased an EGR delete kit (with exhaust and SCT tuner coming later this month), similar to the bottom one this webpage:

6.0L EGR Components

Mine is not from ED though. I bought just the up pipe as my EGR cooler is new, replaced under warranty about 6,000 miles ago. Has anyone installed this kit or one like it? The reason I ask is mine did not come with a block off plate, and this one does not come with a block off plate either. The one right above it on the website, the sneaky pipe, has a block off plate that fits in the pipe.

What I am wondering before I start the process, is that going to leave the pipe going through the cooler open? I cannot imagine both my kit and the ED kit would not include it with it being necessary, but you never know.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

If you leave the EGR cooler in place then the rear connection will be left open. You need to have some sort of plug to prevent anything unfiltered from entering the motor.

In my opinion if you are going to the work of doing the up pipe, just remove the EGR cooler, replace the oil cooler (if it wasn't done when the EGR cooler was replaced). Then the whole system is gone, basically a full delete.

Back