Egr delete what else?

olred07

Diesels for Christ
Hey yall, im taking my intake manifold off s where i can send it to FCDP to delete the egr stuff, what else should i do while i have it off?

at least put bigger fuel lines on from filter to heads. I just put on from Trusted Performance. Nice setup for less than 200$.

Also do the coolant filter mod.

yeah ccv has been done. im thinking aftermarket oil system an fuel system.
what do yall think? trusted diesel performance makes a oil and fuel bowl delete kit. then a airdog or fass system

my oil temps are running at 202 on some days while running down the highway. do i need a new oil cooler?

my oil temps are running at 202 on some days while running down the highway. do i need a new oil cooler?

That sounds like a pretty good number to me. Compare the EOT to ECT. If they consistently differ by more than 15 degrees, then its time for a new oil cooler.

202 is fine. Unless the coolant temp is like 160. Oil tends to run inline with coolant or about 10 degrees warmer.

Ok, thanks guys. They are usually within 5-10* of each other. Just thought it was a bit high. It has peaked at 205-206* on hot days.

Quick question Douggie, if I am having my oil cooler replaced at the dealership, shouldn't they replace the EGR cooler as well? I thought they kind of go hand and hand?

They might be sending them out to be cleaned. I have heard some dealers are getting them tested for flow. Find out if they are cleaning them or what.

if my oil temps never get over 192 and the coolant is stupid high like 250s is that the oil cooler or gaskets? i have the full egr delete.

They might be sending them out to be cleaned. I have heard some dealers are getting them tested for flow. Find out if they are cleaning them or what.

Well they said nothing is wrong with it:doh:

I guess 1/4 inch of gunk and coolant in the intake manifold is normal?*bdh*

Coolant in the intake is normally a ruptured cooler. Thats actually the result of a test to find a ruptured cooler.

Coolant stupid high is an overheat concern. How its getting that high is open to diagnosis.

Coolant in the intake is normally a ruptured cooler. Thats actually the result of a test to find a ruptured cooler.

Well, I pulled the EGR valve probably two months ago and that's what it looked like. I told the Service Writer guy when I took it in that exact same thing, said they would look at it.:blahblah1:

Back