egr/oil cooler delete on 05

chuggins10

hey guys i did a search an didnt find much but i was wondering if there are any tricks or small things io need to look for doing the delete.. any help would be appreciated thanks

good deal. ive seen videos of them doen wrong an pour white smoke what is that due too??

IIRC white smoke is the coolant or too much fuel.

EGR deletes are not that difficult to perform. If you can weld stainless steel it's easy work. The removal and install work isn't hard at all.

An oil cooler delete is not for the shade tree tech. There are oil cooler delete kits out on the market. Doing the removal and install isn't hard but trying to build your own kit takes money and bad ass machines.

Since when did too much fuel turn white? Black? and whats an oil cooler delete? whats gonna keep your oil cool? seriously, im asking.

Too much fuel will cause white smoke. That's why if you are blowing white smoke you need to smell it. If it smells like fuel you have a leaky/stuck injector(s). If it smells like coolant your egr cooler has failed.

If you don't believe me about the fuel cause white smoke just google/youtube LB7 injector problems.

With that kit you DELETE the OEM oil cooler...stop being a smarty pants and sit down while the grown-ups talk.

I sure ass heLL wouldn't want cold oil returning to my engine...that's not the purpose of an engine oil cooler. The purpose is to eliminate extreme temperature in the oil which causes the oil to break down. 6.0L oil coolers fail from contaminates in the coolant which come from coolant that's crystallized as it passes through the egr cooler. If the egr cooler on a 6.0L is deleted 50% of the engine oil cooler failure cause is eliminated...install the new OEM updated oil cooler, some good HD green coolant and the appropriate coolant filter. All of a sudden the other 50% of failure cause is now gone. How cool is that?

Last edited:
I sure ass heLL wouldn't want cold oil returning to my engine...that's not the purpose of an engine oil cooler. The purpose is to eliminate extreme temperature in the oil which causes the oil to break down. 6.0L oil coolers fail from contaminates in the coolant which come from coolant that's crystallized as it passes through the egr cooler. If the egr cooler on a 6.0L is deleted 50% of the engine oil cooler failure cause is eliminated...install the new OEM updated oil cooler, some good HD green coolant and the appropriate coolant filter. All of a sudden the other 50% of failure cause is now gone. How cool is that?

I completely agree!! BPD is just another "product" to make people think they need it. The root issue is preventative maintenance on the coolant changes. 30k flushes on the Ford Gold and a coolant filter kit. DONE!

This^ A friend of mine has the BPD oil cooler and he can barely get his EOT to hit 180 during mid summer.

People don't realize the the OEM oil cooler works damn good! It is junk in the coolant that clogs the cooler causing it to fail.

Change your coolant regularly, install a coolant filter and be don't with it.

And don't be a sheep using ELC.

It is junk in the coolant that clogs the cooler causing it to fail.

I'm still not totally clear with this. Like you started your thread on it and i saw dougs take on it. So is it the coolant particles (silicates??) that clog the filter or does crappy coolant dislodge the crap in your system and clog it up???

Casting sand from when the block was cast and gunk from lack of maintenance.

i think hardest part was getting the turbo lined back up, everything else was fairly easy