EGR Question

450god

Here to learn!
My truck started throwing the EGR code, I figure its blocked or a bunch of soot or something is in it. I was going to fab up a delete kit for it, I was just wondering if anyone had an incite on this. I know theres a plug and a vaccum line, I figure plug the vaccum line but what about the plug, do I need to jump anything or what?

Thanks in advance, btw i belonged to CF but heard alot of good things about this forum so I jumped ship to see what you guys thought! :Cheer:

if you dont have smog checks were you live put a exhaust manifold on it and a intake on it to get rid of the EGR

The most I got out of that thread was take it off, block it, unplug evrything, and then take out the check engine light bulb...Im not doing that, my questions was is there a "right" way to do it to were the light goes off and everything is good, I dont want to unplug everything just to get the light off.....I want to do it right. Iam just wondering.

Get rid of the hardware and have dodge put a flash file in the pcm that isn't looking for the hardware?