EGR unplug..

azkcr

Alright.. I'm still a tad confused about the EGR subject and my truck...
If I just unplug it, I know it will throw a CEL.. When it's unplugged, does it act JUST like it's deleted or does it still circulate?
Just wondering if I it's worthwhile to unplug it or wait and buy a delete kit..
I've searched the forum for some info but came up with only discussions on deleting, not unplugging so much..
Thx for any help....
-Ben

Unplugging it with the truck off closes it and does not allow exhaust gasses to circulate back in the intake. It does nothing for your EGR cooler which is what you want to eventually delete. Unplugging your EGR valve only keeps the soot from building up, and "reduces" EGR Valve issues. I say reduces, because you can still blow it open under extreme circumstances.

Unplugging it with the truck off closes it and does not allow exhaust gasses to circulate back in the intake. It does nothing for your EGR cooler which is what you want to eventually delete. Unplugging your EGR valve only keeps the soot from building up, and "reduces" EGR Valve issues. I say reduces, because you can still blow it open under extreme circumstances.

Thanks.. Exactly what I needed to know..
-Ben

Besides the code that is thrown, nothing will be hurt will it? It'll just give me some better gas mileage i assume?

It really won't do anything, you might see .00001 MPH better MPG's, but its much better on the engine.

It really won't do anything, you might see .00001 MPH better MPG's, but its much better on the engine.

Haha.. .00001... thats funny.. but ya.. i'ma just leave it unplugged.. Just wanted to make sure that the CEL being on wasn't going to mess with the truck too much.. And I may take my truck in for some warranty work, should I find a CC to put back in the exhaust? I do have a muffler... (I know i got off topic in my own post..)

Depends on your shop. I took mine in with the nitrous on it, and they did my headstuds, HPOP, and other stuff. Some will void your warranty for a sticker.

Ya.. It's ridiculous how different shops can vary... Oh well.. We'll just have to see how it goes..

Back