egt gauge ****ed up

123.cummins

so i got a 94 cummins and when i am just doin like 30mph the egts jump up to like 10 or 11 or sometimes it just drops to zero the backlight on it still works when either happens and i cleaned the sensor and the wiring is good so wtf is goin on right now i have no mods other than a boost and egt gauge and a stage two air filter i have jl machine 5 x 14 injectors to put in but dont want to risk not seeing the egts jump up for real and not being able to back off when i need to yah know i dont what to risk running more power with a faulty gauge any and all help will be appreciated

check your grounds well, as i had this problem twice with two different sets of gauges in my 07. simply wasnt getting a good ground...hope it helps

Also it may sound stupid but I ran the power off of some fuse in my fuse panel on by the inside of the door and when my alternator was going out it would jump around. When I replaced the alternator all was well again lol.

When I first put autometers in my dually, I had the same issue. Turned out one of the wires was pushing out of the plug in the back of the gauge, poor connection. Got the wire secured in the plug, worked perfect ever since.

I changed my probe and that did it for me. It was reading 200 at wot. This is my 3rd probe. Isspro guage

Back