egt logging

Well I just got mine installed last night, but from what i've been reading, that's what the extra sensor tabs are for on the bottom of the V2, you could run a pyro into one of those, but the V2 would have to stay in the truck and get mounted somewhere, or keep unplugging the tabs every time you want to pull the V2 out of the truck.

yeah i knew thats what the orange clips are for but i know not just any pyro will work, i was hoping that somebody was already doing this and could point me in the right direction as far as setting it up because i know you have to set it up in the scan tool.

I take it the v2 will monitor a few analog channels (don't have one to fool with). In that case your looking for an amplifier that will turn the very small voltage produced by a thermocouple into a 0-5v that the v2 can handle.

UNLESS the v2 already has inputs for thermocouples don't remember mention of that the little I looked a while back.

EDIT....looking at the v2 specs I see two channels for egt k type thermocouples. Good to go.

Last edited:
Aren't pretty much all the probes sold with the gauges we use "K" type?

Pretty sure my Isspro uses one.

Last edited:
Generally they are k type, but if you ordered from an instrumentation house you could mistakenly pick others.

I'd inquire at the efi forum for the v2 connections, that thermocouple looks good from summit, + extension cable. Perfect connections are critical as the voltage is so small.