EGTS on DP 140 tune

Diesel

Gearhead
My truck wont go past 900 degrees on the pyro and even on the DP 140 setting and when the truck is off it the gauge stays at 100 degrees. Is there something wrong with my gauge. Should my gauge read higher egts with all my mods? How long does anyone elses truck take to get high egts and have to back off.

Sounds to me like your gauge is shot............

Are you running the DP stacked with the banks garbage chip ?

In the 140 setting you should easily be able to peg 1600 on a long pull

700-800 should be a highway cruise

EGTS

It is not stacked I am only running the DP. Its probably because the gauge is a banks gauge. It looks kinda cheap.

Its gotta be the gauge. Ive got the same tune on mine. Before i put my Turbonetics on the truck i could run mine up to 1500 fairly easy. Now with the new turbo, unloaded i cant get it past 1000. Im running Autometer Phantom 2 gauges too.

It seems like your pyro is mounted post turbo. That's what Banks does on their installs. I had to move mine to the exhaust manifold. 900 post turbo could easily be 1200-1300 pre turbo.

It seems like your pyro is mounted post turbo. That's what Banks does on their installs. I had to move mine to the exhaust manifold. 900 post turbo could easily be 1200-1300 pre turbo.

That isnt it. I mounted mine post turbo on purpose and I still break out egts past this guys. Get a set of digital gauges. Easy install and about the same price. If your mounted post turbo. Just add a 100 deg to any safe zones you may already have established.

My buddy has pre and post turbo pyro's. 200-300 degree difference between them so 900 post could be 1100-1200 pre turbo.

If your mounted post turbo. Just add a 100 deg to any safe zones you may already have established.
That's a big no no. Post turbo gauges on these trucks are useless. There is no linear correlation between pre and post turbo EGT's, so adding "X" amount on top of your post-turbo temp readings will not result in any accurate measurement whatsoever. Your post turbo pyro might read say 900 degrees, but pre-turbo EGT's could be anywhere from 1000 to 1500 degrees. Altitude, RPM, engine load, boost, modifications, ambient temps, etc all play a role in how much the post-turbo EGT's vary from pre-turbo temps. It has been tested several times, and the result is always the same. Never rely on post-turbo EGT's.

If it's not before the manifold I will not trust it either. That me though...Seems like all of the dodges I seen when this whole diesel craze started was mounted after the turbo.

Anyways: My 7.3 with 140 chip pegs the guage very, very quickly!

also, don't get digital gauges unless they're digital analog. impossible to read at a glance otherwise!

Thats why they have set alarms and your max highs.
Here is what mine will display

Three together- boost tranny turbo
One at a time- I.E Pyro. Current, Max, and what the alarm is set at
and If you hit the alarm that you set it flashes in really big letters ******ALARM******. So its actually a good setup I think. But I guess in light of what everyone else is saying you should mount your thermocouple pre turbo. These are still one bad a$$ set of gauges though. Less space wasted by pillar mounts and a whole hell of alot easier to read at night. It was actually really easy to install also. Hope this helps. One other thing My gauges arent set up like a three seperate gauge setup if thats what you meant, they are all on one small 5 in wide by 3 in tall box right under my oh $HIT handle.

Mine is post turbo for the moment and just sitting idleing it will be 300 deg. I just got the 140 tune yesterday but they forgot to ship the overboost annihilator so I havn't been able to get full benefit yet. But with what I have it got to only about a 1000 deg but that wasa very short run. Just cruising the hwy @70 will get 6-800 deg so I would say your gauge is shot.

what everybody else said, i havent pegged my gauge in a long ass time, but highest i got today on a full throttle pull to about 105, 110mph, on my 140 extreme i saw about 1450, 1500, and that was at the very end of it