EGT's

BadDieselMan

Hey guy's i have 99 dodge with 200hp injectors with a 64/74/14 turbo MY egts seem high to me at this amount of boost and at the mph bewteen 65 to 70mph at 5psi of boost Im seening 900 degrees cruisen and at a every every lite throttle at 7 psi of boost 1100 degree with temp being 68 degrees outside i got a one 190 themrostat in it which i dunno if any of that even matters.. what do you guys think about the EGT's it seem high to you all any help be great thanks .....

it may be a couple hundred degrees high, but nothing to be alarmed about IMO

Seems fine. Mine is bout the same cruising as well. It jumps to 1300a or so then starts to cool. I took my 190 thermostat and drilled 2 3/32 holes in it and its almost perfect for summer time. My other truck vp truck has a 180 in it and can't honestly say its much different.

that size of injector and that size turbo you will be fine. i cruise all day long between 800-1000* with mine and i got a set or 7x12 with a 66mm turbo. from what the previous own said its been that way most of its life. 240k miles and still no issues

Hey thank you everyone for the info i just wasnt real sure about i just cant believe it spikes up that fast and that hot lol

Back