Electric fan questions

Ackerdiesel

Okay I've searched I may just not have the proper keywords. So if this has already been gone over sorry. First things first anyone have a CFM rating on the OEM fan? Second just so you don't have to deal with a CEL could you tie the electric fan control into the factory harness or add a resistor to the factory harness as a "fooler?" I haven't bought electric fans yet but I'm thinking about making the investment just trying to find some general info first. Thanks

Ryan

Stock 12v is around 8800cfm IIRC. Common rails must be close to that.

Why electric fans?

Mine spins so free it seems pointless for fuel savings.
It is setup to come on with a toggle switch as well.

Seems to be a little cleaner under the hood with electric fans I may be wrong it just looks that way to me

Ryan

I have them on mine. No CEL it just sets a soft code. Truck seams to warm up a bit quicker and it does look cleaner.

I have the flexlites on mine, i like the look, but the truck runs warm, too warm, when pulling a trailer

They do look cleaner underneath the hood, people report mileage gains and maybe some HP but I dont drive mine enough to notice.

I wanna saw stock fan pull 12000cfm full lock up.

If you can find the good ford tauras fans you'll pull 75% of stock I believe (pair)

Mine truck runs 205 ish pulling another truck on a heavy trailer.

Assuming it's a 3rd gen with an OEM thermostat of 190° that is a perfectly normal temp. The OEM 190° thermostat doesn't even go full open until 207°, and 215° is pretty easy to obtain pulling a grade at 18K lbs. 225° is the max recommenced by Cummins with a 190° stat.

Back