Electrical Issue

es12v

Hey guys, Ive got an electrical problem with my '96. Several wires in the harness that runs under the carpet by the drivers left foot (back to the speakers, dome light, power seats, etc.) rubbed and consequently shorted out. In addition, the dash illumination, radio and marker lights also started not working. Headlights, AC controls, and dash indicators do however. The I.O.D fuse #17 was blown. I replaced this as well as checking the remaining fuses. I have went over the rest of the harness pretty throuroughly. I am not getting power to the fuse block under the dash for this fuse now, nor for the dash illumination fuse. I found a partial wire schematic for a 97, and it seems this is the "courtesy circuit." Everything with a pink wire running to it.

Any ideas? ........Thanks ahead of time.

you just need to find a wiring diagram (off alldata or mitchell) and see where the fuses themselves are powered from and see if there is power at that source... just keep working backwards through the wiring diagram til you find the power then its pretty easy to get it back where you want it