Electrical meltdown on 02 2500

Jube

Does anyone know what the terminal block located on the left inner fender (drivers side) well that has two(2) wires leading up to the battery is(for)? This thing went into self destruct mode on my way home an hour ago. Volt gauge went dead, and was smokin badly. I unhooked the battery and all is fine now, just need to get it fixed. Thanks for any help!

The only black box on that side on my truck is the PDC. (Power Dist. Centre)

This is bad news to have it short out.

I'd look into a wrecker for a new one.

No. Although important, think of that box as a big fuse. if it goes, it needs to be replaced. The trouble is you may want to attempt to identify if there is a grounding or short problem because if you do replace it and the same thing happens you'll need to replace it again. and so on and so forth...

Wyatt Earp said:
No. Although important, think of that box as a big fuse. if it goes, it needs to be replaced. The trouble is you may want to attempt to identify if there is a grounding or short problem because if you do replace it and the same thing happens you'll need to replace it again. and so on and so forth...

Thats kinda what I thought you were sayin. Although it did apear that the feeds from the battery were fusible links... If so I'm wondering why they didnt blow instead of melting everything down. Actualy it was only one post that melted and it was one that the feed landed on. Thanks

I've had mine spark a few times when mucking around with my lamps! This is how I know it makes BIG sparks! LOL

No clue, but I would look for one from a wrecking yard first, the dealer will be higher than a giraffe's chin.

My truck had a recall on it for a possible loose connection on the terminal you are talking about, check with your local dealer and see if your model truck was under the recall, and if the recall was ever done. You might luck up and have it covered by DC.

Turned out to be the intake heater solenoid that smoked. $50 at the salvage yard. Fixed. thanks for all your help!