elite big chill oil cooler?

it's not unheard of bro, my boy nate has almost the same setup as me, on 35's.. except he's running the II 62/80 and he ran 11.86 @ 116 on 35's, granted his sticks are a tad larger 225's but he also had a bad nos solenoid and a slipping converter... my drivetrain is finally dialed in (after 4 tranny/4 converters), the only thing really bugging me now is that i have some sort of leak in my vacuum system for my hubs so my 4wd takes a while to engage unless i manually lock em, but my center caps require me to remove the wheels to do that and i havent wanted to take the tires off every time i want to go in and out of 4wd..

oh yeah and now for some reason it leaks a bit of motor oil for a few minutes after i run it hard. if i drive normal and park it no oil, but anytime i've been on it hard it will leak oil, looks like it's coming out of my pedestal below the turbo, and also somewhere on the passenger side near the head i think.

i didnt even know you and nate were boyZ...hes running 275s though dude..didnt you get the memo?

o k a y . . .

Not saying you have to change any driving habits, but you might want to change brand of oil, weight, or even reduce the miles between changes. Somehow I think changing the oil is cheaper than changing the block when a rod locks up and pokes through.

How long are the coated bearings lasting?

i've got exactly 10K miles on them right now. i'm not sure how long they are supposed to last, but they aren't going to last forever. the coating is going to wear off , that's a given, and it's to be expected. i might do some more research and find out exactly what the life expectancy of the coating is, but one thing to remember is that once the coating wears off, i still have a brand new set of bearings underneath and they are going to wear like a stock set of bearings would. so basically the coating buys me time as well as insurance, essentially giving me much longer before they need to be changed again.

i didnt even know you and nate were boyZ...hes running 275s though dude..didnt you get the memo?

yeah man i got the memo.. if you read thru some of my other posts i mentioned that. he ordered 225's , and apparantly the way he described it was that they are, in fact, still labeled as 225's because of the size of the injector, but the nozzle that they have flows more and are closer to a 275in actuallity. or something like that. he explained it to me, but if you ask him, they are still 225 injectors that flow more than they should or some crap. either way, yeah poor dude can't leave the house w/out a smoke trail for anyone to follow !!

amen to that! haha
I'm thinking of switching them out soon enough. I may bump down to Elites 185s, but they'll be like a 200 probably haha that'd work for me though!

amen to that! haha
I'm thinking of switching them out soon enough. I may bump down to Elites 185s, but they'll be like a 200 probably haha that'd work for me though!

honestly nate i really think you'd be happier with them. i can't say much for my 200's right now due to the fact that they idle like crap and won't run when the truck's not hot, but when they actually do work right, they are more than plenty enough power for a daily driven street truck !!
and STILL have enough power to roll past those NO-GO clowns with the 12second stock make believe trucks.

honestly nate i really think you'd be happier with them. i can't say much for my 200's right now due to the fact that they idle like crap and won't run when the truck's not hot, but when they actually do work right, they are more than plenty enough power for a daily driven street truck !!
and STILL have enough power to roll past those NO-GO clowns with the 12second stock make believe trucks.

whos got a 12 second make believe truck?

I have been out of the loop for a while so could you please tell me where you posted any ****ing proof what-so-ever to back any your times?
I can't even begin to count the number of posts on different forums where you say you ran xxx et or xxx trap speed, but when someone, ANYONE, asks for some kind of proof, you disappear!
Post up or go the **** away!

I have been out of the loop for a while so could you please tell me where you posted any ****ing proof what-so-ever to back any your times?
I can't even begin to count the number of posts on different forums where you say you ran xxx et or xxx trap speed, but when someone, ANYONE, asks for some kind of proof, you disappear!
Post up or go the **** away!

Pete lets just make this easy for him. I've grown pretty tired of folks Chitting up this board with claims they can't or won't back up, then starting chit with others comparing their times to others. If you want to talk chit about go-go, go to go-go. What happens there, stays there.

If you have something to prove your runs, post it up, if not, go away. I can help with the latter if you decide not to help with the former. Your call. Lets see something to back up your claims.

I am PMing this to you as well. I will also start your very own thread in the smack talk section where everyone can see your runs and then there will be no confusion. If your gonna make claims, you best be able to atleast provide a timeslip.

Where did you run 11.74 at 117 at? And on 35's?

it's not unheard of bro, my boy nate has almost the same setup as me, on 35's.. except he's running the II 62/80 and he ran 11.86 @ 116 on 35's, granted his sticks are a tad larger 225's but he also had a bad nos solenoid and a slipping converter... my drivetrain is finally dialed in (after 4 tranny/4 converters), the only thing really bugging me now is that i have some sort of leak in my vacuum system for my hubs so my 4wd takes a while to engage unless i manually lock em, but my center caps require me to remove the wheels to do that and i havent wanted to take the tires off every time i want to go in and out of 4wd..

oh yeah and now for some reason it leaks a bit of motor oil for a few minutes after i run it hard. if i drive normal and park it no oil, but anytime i've been on it hard it will leak oil, looks like it's coming out of my pedestal below the turbo, and also somewhere on the passenger side near the head i think.

That's not an answer, I didn't ask about your "Boy Nate", I asked about you.

No-Go Diesel? I have heard of them. I think they also run PowerstrokeGoGo.com.

Kinda odd because I own GoGoDiesel.com, GoGoPowerstroke.com. GoGoDuramax.com and GoGoCummins.Com. Copying someone is the most sincere form of flatery. I take all that i can get.

Anybody that wears out a set of bearings in less than 50K on a 6.0 might want to do some oil analysis and second guess their choice of air filtration. OA is not going to tell you to drive your truck differently, but it will tell you that you have massive amounts of dirt/sand in your oil. Imagine something like that happening when you live in/near the desert.

I continue to wonder why mine has lasted so long while I continue to beat the crap out of it every opportunity I can.

Back