Elite Diesel Tuner???

Dboy11

Resident Closet Gay
Hey everyone...new to this site...i have an 04 250 6.0 fX4 with a couple things from the exhaust deleted...anyways im looking at getting a tuner and the shop around me tells me to go with the SCT from Elite Diesel Engineering. for $500 i get 6 total tunes. Does anyone have any experience with these tunes in their truck. If I do not get this one, which tuner should I go with. Thanks to all those who reply!

I have their tunes they seem to work well. The only thing I would say is get ready to do head studs. At least that is what happen in my case. But the tunes are good. You may run into some issues with the customer service and getting in contact with them, but some people have no problems and others do.

+1 for elites tunes, they haul the mail. Sct canned tunes aren't bad either. Get the pilot injection turned on it's super cool.

I have heard that Elite's tunes are very hard on headgaskets. And have heard that tune from Innovative or BTS are just as good a tune and are easier on headgaskets. I personally run Innovative tunes and really like em, their customer service is also top notch.

I must say innovatives customer service is top notch, Eric must check his E-mail every 5 minutes.

Innovative is about the best out there, been running his tunes for a long time. Doug is moving in to making hard parts, but I think he is also doing a little tuning every now and again.

Well dang...yall are sorta scaring me with those head gaskets!....i do have the 6 uh oh! Maybe I will try Innovative instead?

you are best off the email them. You get responses much much quicker than on the phone. They do return calls too though. They are a lot easier to get ahold of than what I have heard about Elite.

Been doin a lot of thinkin about it and talkin to the local shop, we have kinda come to the conclusion of not spending the time on studs and gaskets till they pop.

As long as they are working, they are working. Kick a little bit of money aside every so often so that when they go the money is there.

Ya i know i should do gaskets and studs, but if it aint broke yet....dont fix it. I sent innovative an email with a couple of questions. I will keep yall updated.

Head gaskets is something you want to do before they go bad cause you may end up buying new heads just because you let it go for a while. I am not saying that you wont have to right now, but the majority of the guys running tuners and some stock trucks are needing studs fairly soon. Its just some preventive maintenance to keep the bill somewhat low at the shop.

Ya i know i should do gaskets and studs, but if it aint broke yet....dont fix it. I sent innovative an email with a couple of questions. I will keep yall updated.

thats the wrong attitude to have when it comes to diesels, maybe if your talking about speakers or your wheels or tires, but this your motor do it right the first time and youll thank everyone later for it.:rockwoot:

Elite tunes are good, but the customer service really sucks and since I had 2 of the HO turbos they offer go bad, had horrible time with them standing behind it cause both lasted 300 miles and endless e-mails and phone calls unanswered, I wouldn't run anything elite if they paid me to..

Elite is kinda hit or miss, which is sad because they offer a whole lot of parts that nobody else does!

IMO, they need to get off their high horse and drop those prices a little too...

Back