Empty rail or timing

proffitt225

dieselhead
Just recently got rid of the diablo predator and bought a smarty s06 like night and day.. but now having a popping around 2500rpm in 2 and 3 gear, 4th 5th and 6th popping is not present. i thought rail was goin empty so i bought Airdog II 165 and set to 30 psi and popping still present ive exhausted every combination on Smarty and i am stumped

ya 2nd and 3rd gear WOT I dont understand why i cant run #9 i know guys runnin stock clutch and fuel system on 9 im stumped!!!

Last edited:
What settings on number 9 are you running? Like RP, timing, torque etc...? Too much torque could be draining the rail, or you could be running over the limiter like I was. Mine used to pop pretty noticeably around 3500 rpm

Update the smarty to newest software available and turn rail pressure up. Bet you it fixes it.

Just recently got rid of the diablo predator and bought a smarty s06 like night and day.. but now having a popping around 2500rpm in 2 and 3 gear, 4th 5th and 6th popping is not present. i thought rail was goin empty so i bought Airdog II 165 and set to 30 psi and popping still present ive exhausted every combination on Smarty and i am stumped

When does the airdog increase rail pressure?? that is a lift pump feeding the cp3 which does the rail pressure.

I think he was saying that he was losing RP due to losing LP pressure first, so he tried fixing that first. Must not have been the case.

With my truck it was timing pop with tnt. Adjusted timing to 3 out 4 then reloaded sw# and pop was gone. Seems to do it on early 03 and 04's more.

Back