Engine build options

jkidd_39

I am doing a Cummins convo on a 2005 cclb king ranch F-350.

I have a 2005 5.9 CR engine.

I am building a fun truck. Play at the track and on the street. All my other trucks are for work so I want to build this right the first time.

Some of my goals.
1000hp
11s in the 1/4

The transmission will be a 4r100 built by BTS

The engine build will be as follows:

Full rebuild
24v rods balanced and cryo'd by WOP
ceramic coated piston tops and teflon side skirts and bearings by swaintech
Fully cryo'd everything
Port and polished heads
Billet pushrods
F1 helix 2 cam
F1 valve springs
Wicked intake manifold
300hp injectors
Dual cp3s (evil twins)
Arp studs
O-ringed head

Turbo system
ED 66/71 over S480/96
the secondary will have a Billet wheel

I will use a progressive nitrous kit from Nitrous Express

The intercooler will be a big name A/A intercooler that will feed through a frozen boost A/W ic. I plan on relocating my batteries to the frame so the ic will sit behind the headlight on the driver side.

Questions:

Who would you guys recommend for a girdle?
I saw a thread about the guy who sells the evil twins dual cp3 kit being shady. My buddy has a used kit for sale and is getting parts or anything going to be an issue?

Here is a pic of the truck.
a6898e88-b6ef-19e8.jpg

Thanks alot guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think you could change up the turbo set up... run a bit smaller on the top and bigger on the bottom external gate it.. spool will be great and power will be insane.. Call Zach at hamilton get one of the new Big sticks.. just put one in a cistomers truck and its pretty awesome.. plus he has custom cams as well..look into a dual valve spring Ti retainer as well.. and covert to th 03-04 nozzle and piston bowl.. should be a great set up with the other stuff you have planned again this is my 2 cents and all its worth..!!!

Thanks for the reply. Care to explain the advantage of the swap to 03/04 pistons and nozzles?? Will my 05 head work fine?

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

your head will work fine. 03/04 pistons seem to take better to larger injectors due to the spray angle. Over 200-250hp injectors on a 04.5+ motor don't make much more power, just more egt. qsb 480 marine pistons seem to be the hot ticket for high hp builds unless you have the coin for monotherms. I'm not familiar with ford trannies but a 48re can handle big power+tq when built well. Alot of fast dmaxes are ditching allisons for a 48re. Sounds like you have a solid plan for a fast truck. 750 hp will get you in the 11's. With your plans you should have a 10 second truck in you can put the power to the ground.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave.

Anybody got any suggestions or info on a girdle??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Bottom end is still stock, so I can't make and recommendations. I know Industrial Injection has them on their site. Good luck!

Thanks Dave.

Anybody got any suggestions or info on a girdle??

To bad its not a 12v, I just had 2 cut out and have a extra one 5/8 steel.

To bad its not a 12v, I just had 2 cut out and have a extra one 5/8 steel.

From my limited understanding of the girdle situation you have to machine the block regardless. I wonder if a 12v girdle could work.

I'm trying to stay away from industrial just cuz there prices are so high.

Call up Kai aka 94TTS about the Evil Twins.. He will take care of you there :rockwoot:

I just finished putting an early '04 CR in my Superduty. Gotta say I love it!

Got some 03-04 pistons and nozzles.

I'm gonna order my parts for rebuilding the engine. I'm going with 24v rods. Anyone know the best place to get the right bearings for the 24v rods and everything else for my engine? Part numbers would be great!!!

Also, got some fancy billet in this week.
a6898ca8-447c-4d02.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'd go away from the helix 2 camshaft. But if thats what you really want to run go for it.

That and the valve springs, much better options available.

Id go with Diesel pros 1st with Hamilton 2nd.

There is nothing wrong with the Helix 2 and sportsman springs other than the have a 5 year ongoing track record of spinning 4 plus k and dynoing 1000 plus...

The competitors have just finally caught up or maybe just surpased it....but guess what...Don has something new in the works.

Call and F1 dealer to discuss.

Bigger primary...smaller secondary...04 style pistons and injector flux 5 tips...no girdle needed.

Thanks guys. I sold my helix 2 and valve springs. I never could get ahold of f1. I finally spoke with Tim Barber. He was a nice helpful guy.

I don't like doing business with a company I can't get ahold of. Zack at Hamilton was very helpful and he will get my business.

On my turbo system. This is what Ed recommended for me. What's the deal there?? I have the 80/96 480 in my shop ATM so I guess my options are still open.

Thanks guys!!

Still collecting parts. Head is at the machine shop for magnafluxing. I got 03-04 pistons and nozzles.

Do i need an 03-04 ECM?

Thanks!!

I think I would prob do firerings instead of orings.

Thanks for the advice. After talking with my engine builder we are going with firerings. We are gonna machine the head and block for the best seal possible.

Back