Engine came to life today... pics...

Finally was able to get the new engine ready to start today. Fired right up and sounds good:rockwoot: I should have an A/C compressor next week so I can put the belt on it (to run the water pump) and let it come up to temp. I need to bring it to temp a few times so I can retorque the head studs before I install it in the Excursion.

In the meantime, I need to get the billet input shaft installed in the trans as well as some other required tranny upgrades ;)

Here's some pics...

DSC08191.jpg

DSC08193.jpg

DSC08192.jpg

I would love to see videos of that thing running on the engine stand.

sometimes amazes me how much people will go through in rigging things up on a stand to get an engine to start outside a truck. Would it not be quicker just to drop it in ? tighten the mounts down and start hooking things up?

9 LIVES said:
sometimes amazes me how much people will go through in rigging things up on a stand to get an engine to start outside a truck. Would it not be quicker just to drop it in ? tighten the mounts down and start hooking things up?

It may be quicker if the vehicle getting the swap wasn't a daily used family rig. I can't have the Excursion down for long while I swap it in. The engine came on the stand you see in the pics (it's new). It didn't take long to get it all together.

Besides it is much easier to put head studs in, mod the fuel pump, swap out the turbo and exh manifold, change the flexplate out, and so on, while the engine is on the stand vs. in the vehicle.

Back