engine drone/not under load

deez231

Ok, so motor gurus i just had my motor rebuilt three months ago and just within the last couple weeks I've been getting a drone while driving and idling. It sounded like the fan clutch going out, so last night changed the clutch out and didn't help anything. The motor is sounding like it's under load like I'm hauling a trailer egts are at 800 cruising instead of 650, gone from 20 mpg to 14. I talked to tim an he said to check for boost leaks and might be injector problems checked for leaks and held pressure for 15 min. I don't wanna keep bothering him on the weekend just looking for some other ideas that i can try and let him know Monday. And no problems with the motor or the build great job all around from TRE. Sorry the book.

The exhaust isn't touching any part of the body and vibrating is it? Had a 2nd gen do that before after a engine install

no its not checked all mounts fluid/levels. The drone wouldn't bother me except for it feels like I'm pulling a trailer. My egts are sitting where they were when i pulled 4500 lb u haul trailer home.

So my a/c compressor isn't kicking on either, the light comes on which if I remember means I have pressure in the system. But the clutch dont engage.could it be still engaged somehow and putting a load on the motor? Im gonna try to jumper it an see if it'll engage. Now the only things that could put a heavy load on motor like that would be power steering, a/c, water pump, and maybe oil pump? Oil and water pump were new with rebuild. And I know new doesnt means not gonna fail

So my a/c compressor isn't kicking on either, the light comes on which if I remember means I have pressure in the system. But the clutch dont engage.could it be still engaged somehow and putting a load on the motor? Im gonna try to jumper it an see if it'll engage. Now the only things that could put a heavy load on motor like that would be power steering, a/c, water pump, and maybe oil pump? Oil and water pump were new with rebuild. And I know new doesnt means not gonna fail
possible it's a transmission issue??

I thought maybe so also but everything I've looked at can't see anything. Getting a non a/c belt tomorrow so gonna give that a try

Any smoke? Sounds like a bad injector. Only drag that would lug a motor down would be a clutch or TQ partially on or Internal engine issue. What tranny do you have?

No smoke at all white or black unless ya try. Have a garmon stg2 with bout 60,000 on it, only has 7 1/4's on it no hooks an regular playing around nothing really horrible.

But how could converter be kind of engaged I thought it was locked by pressure? Or am I just thinking stupid, an my trans temps have been the same havent changed

Any smoke? Sounds like a bad injector. Only drag that would lug a motor down would be a clutch or TQ partially on or Internal engine issue. What tranny do you have?
ok so having the torque converter rebuild they said the clutches are burned pretty good somethin that happens but its only 3 1/2 yrs old so might be not fully disengaged what actually locks them? For my inexperience I thought at certain rpm the tcc solenoid opens an locks the converter I have been gettin 1740 for several months but seems like everyone with a built trans gets it. So next gonna have my trans tore into an see if anything looks bad

Back