Engine install with side draft intake

Craig_C

Resident Smartass
Well my engine is going back together....and I just thought of something.

How the hell are people installing completely built (head on) engines with the stock lift hook being gone from the back of the stock intake shelf?

Doesn't that little chit that you never think about get frustrating? I went through so much dumb stuff on my Chevy with it being my first "project".

Doesn't that little chit that you never think about get frustrating? I went through so much dumb stuff on my Chevy with it being my first "project".

It gives you a chance to be innovative and come up with really complicated solutions to simple problems.

There's a bolt hole on the back of the block...under the head...I think you can use. I just dropped the short block in then installed the head. Kind of a pain in the ass to install the pushrods and everything

A very simple way is to run a strap around both motor mounts and shackle it up top. We just pulled mine out this way and it was almost to easy. Engine stayed balanced really well

^^^^ this I just set my motor in like that. I had to put a ratchet strap on the front to raise and lower as needed. Makes it so easy.