engine loping.. how to?

azkcr

Don't hate when answering.. lol.. I'm just wondering how I can get my 2006 PSD to lope and if it's unsafe at all..... my signature has my mods and what not.. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!

I believe it can be done with a custom tune... Atleast was possible that way on the 7.3l

If you want the lope. Set the IPR feedforward table to 15% for mass fuel desired in the bottom two rows from 550 rpm to 1200 rpm. And then set the desired drive pressure to 101kpa which is atmospheric pressure.

Doug......quick change of subject......I have had my turbo tested while the truck was running and it goes through a range of sound ending in a seriously loud whistle from my 03 turbo.....Do you know how to adjust that vanes or something to get that seriously loud scream.....Also how do you do what you mentioned above......

I do it in the custom tunes. Instead of 15%. You would put 85% and you would get the whistle.

If you want the lope. Set the IPR feedforward table to 15% for mass fuel desired in the bottom two rows from 550 rpm to 1200 rpm. And then set the desired drive pressure to 101kpa which is atmospheric pressure.

alright.. i have an 6.0l.... and i have an SCT.. how might i go about changing the setting?

It has to be done by a tuner. It's not something the Xcal2, X3 or Livewire can do. Try requesting a tune from your custom tuner.

Using my "New-Guy Card" Why would you do that? Lope, not the Whistle, I love the Whistle

I understand from the HotRod side of it, it's in the cam, but with a diesel for street?

It has to be done by a tuner. It's not something the Xcal2, X3 or Livewire can do. Try requesting a tune from your custom tuner.

and pay more $??? heh... negativo! lol.. that sucks.. maybe when i see some money that Obama has promised us from his presidence??? :hehe:

So is there a tuner out there that will do this?
I would like to have this.

Eric at innovtive diesel can do this. His race tunes a few years back had loping built into the tune. I had a tune a while back that loped at an idle, but had him change it cause i didn't like how it rocked the truck when it idled and loped.

I sent eric an email about it multiple times and he never got back to me on it.
Is there a reason why tuners don't like doing this?

Back