Engine miss at fast idle

DieselWrencher

6cyl Vette
I have noticed today that my truck while running at fast idle drops out for a second and then is running normal. It doesn't come out of fast idle, but it sounds like it is ready to just die when it does it. At first I thought it was just the a/c compressor engaging and the sound was just the ehgine taking the load. But I was at a local fuel shop and those guys think it has an injector issue or a fuel supply issue. What do you guys think? Do any of your trucks do it? The truck runs great, starts right up and seems to get ok mileage. It gets 15.5 or so even with warming it up due to the cold weather. I am going to take it in for an antifreeze leak and I will prolly have them check it out anyway. This engine only has about 2k on it since it was replaced right before I baught it. Let me know what you guys think.

Mine does that if the grid heaters are still cycling...just has like a split second hesitation, almost a bump in the smoothness...

steved

you could definitely be experiencing the grid heater coming on just as the idle drops back down, coincedentally... but it could also be an injector issue.

id have a dealer check your injectors to see how theyre doing, if i had those symptoms!!