Engine mods for best power/mileage

gdh11

Army Lifer
I have a 2008 6.7 auto, 4x4 and when I get done with Iraq in about 5 months I am looking at doing more work to it. It has a 5" exhaust, deletes and Smarty with an intake. I am looking at doing a water/meth kit for more power and fuel mileage, a new intercooler, and studs with injectors re-done by Don along with mods to the CP3 and a new pump.

Are there any issues with water meth and the 6.7s?

Which intercooler is best?

Which fuel pump works best for the 6.7?

What mods should be done to the CP3?

Thanks

Are there any issues with water meth and the 6.7s? Not as long as you have it set up correctly and honeslty water meht is not going to gain you fuel saving in the end. Its mostly for keeping egts down, other than that I would go with snow performance.

Which intercooler is best? Banks is the best bang for the buck when it comes to intercoolers. Someday I will get one but I don't think I really need it. Honestly I would get the intercooler through on an aftermarket turbo, unless you are getting a killer deal on an intercooler. For the price of the banks intercooler you could pick up a used turbo setup which your truck will like more than an intercooler. Do you currently have the skinny intercooler?

Which fuel pump works best for the 6.7? Some will say airdog and other fass. Both are excellent products and the airdog is just cheaper.

What mods should be done to the CP3? What size nozzles do you plan on running? I have seen guys run stock cp3 with 120 nozzles lay down 600hp. If anything pick up an arson Jr. from wicked diesel.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to get Flux injectors but I am in Kansas now and really dont know what good diesel performance shops are the area. Can 08 injectors be upgraded to Flux 3s? I still want drivability and the ablility to tow as well. I dont know if I have the skinny intercooler but I am familiar with the Banks intercooler I have one on my 04 dually. I am also familiar with the Snow kit and that was what I was going to use but I was just wondering what results people had on the 6.7. I have one of them on my 5.9. If I upgrade the turbo I will have to lose the exhaust brake wont I? I really dont want to do that. I am trying to keep expenses down and get best bang for the buck on upgrades that will help both mileage and performance. I went crazy with my 04 and cant do it a second time on my 08. I know if I go too crazy i will need to upgrade the tranny and that is stock right now.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to get Flux injectors but I am in Kansas now and really dont know what good diesel performance shops are the area. Can 08 injectors be upgraded to Flux 3s? I still want drivability and the ablility to tow as well. I dont know if I have the skinny intercooler but I am familiar with the Banks intercooler I have one on my 04 dually. I am also familiar with the Snow kit and that was what I was going to use but I was just wondering what results people had on the 6.7. I have one of them on my 5.9. If I upgrade the turbo I will have to lose the exhaust brake wont I? I really dont want to do that. I am trying to keep expenses down and get best bang for the buck on upgrades that will help both mileage and performance. I went crazy with my 04 and cant do it a second time on my 08. I know if I go too crazy i will need to upgrade the tranny and that is stock right now.

the snow stage 3 works great on my 08 6.7 and you can feel the difference.
if you change you stock turbo you will loose your exhaust brake unless you go with a hybrid upgrade from industrial which gives you bigger wheels in your turbo while keeping the factory exhaust brake.or you can go with a compound kit. and yes you will have to upgrade your trans if you go much more then you already have

wether you go with air dog or fass call Hellman Performance and get the fuel tank sump instead of useing the draw straw
never had any 1/4 tank issues of running out of fuel