Engine Mounts

IHWelk49

What mounts are you guys using for your Fummins projects? I have looked at a few just trying to get an idea on which mount would be the best to run.

the cheapest most stout one you can find

if i was building something i would make mounts myself, but thats just me

What mounts are you guys using for your Fummins projects? I have looked at a few just trying to get an idea on which mount would be the best to run.

I got mine from MO Smoke on here. They are destroked 12V mounts and worked great. Even better customer service going through him.
Lots of people have had bad things to say about fordcummins.com I personally don't have any dealings with them I've just stuck with destroked parts.

Heard the same about fordcummins.com mounts. I know Destroked has good stuff. Anyone who has made there own have pics? Thanks ahead of time

if you want to make them , depending on what engine are you using is what design of motor mounts you need , 24 v and common rail have more holes in the block and you can get away with 2 right common rail mounts and brackets , the metal frabrication part is very easy, just a plate and 2 ears , for the 12 valve you can use peterbilt cab mounts is what ford cummins uses , theyre 25 dlls a pair on ebay , and to make them you just need a 3x3 angle iron the rest is easy , will post some pics. its really not much to it.

I have ford cummins mounts in two trucks. $250, they fit, no bad vibration, and they are idiot proof.

I would recommend them, its not worth the hassle to make your own and try to clear everything.

I used autoworld quad mounts, they are expensive but they are very well built, and are good for just about all the power you can trow at them.

I tried a set from ford-cummins and didn't like them. I got a set from Carson Stauffer and drilled my own holes in them to place the engine where I wanted it.

Back