engine poping and sputtering!

rattlebox93

i started my truck this morning drive to town and it was fine when ileft my moms house i started it up and it was kinda hard to start and was ideling low i reved it up and i was popping i reved it a few times and it cleared up i went to my shop filled it up with fuel started it and again it did the same thing i held it aginst the governor for a few seconds and i cleard up do i have a injector going bad and bleeding off or what??? what do youguys think

Popping or acting funny is usually an injector from what I have seen so far....does it smoke white while it is doing it?

My buddys 93 was doin this

Put a fresh filter on and bumped the timing and it cleared up

BTW how cold was it

even when driving the truck the smoke does seem a little greyer than usual and i t has less than 300 miles on a service (oil change new filter fuel and oil cleaned the air filter) and it was about 70 75 degrees yesterday

yeah sounds like air to me. if its only doing it at start up. have you noticed any fuel leaks? maybe a loose fitting bleeding off the system when the engine is of and you are pushing air through until it finally fills the line with fuel.