Engine Rebuild Kits

MAXTORQ

Drop by, beers on me !
Anybody know of a good place to buy a quality rebuild kit?

No dice on a COMPLETE kit. Just pieces and parts.

Anyone else got anything.

No kidding. It cost a ton to build my current 6.0. There's a lot I would've liked to add if it wasn't so much to peice it together.

Well you can get heads for about 800 and a new shortblock for about 2500... from Ford.

God where , my cost is 10,000 for a complete rebuild.

Complete motor list is 11666.67. My cost. Less... somewhere in a the 8-9,000 dollar range.

I went to International for everything I could.
Josh found a set of '06 heads for me in Edmonton for like $400.00. They needed a rebuild, but are way cheaper then Ford...plus I got hardened seats installed, resurfaced, multi angle valve job, and new guides.

Also, check the stickys out...I think I added a few cross reference number in their for the common parts.

i was quotesd 2500ish for a shortblock, and about 800 for heads from Northland Ford. However thats with my companies discount and we are in the highest tier there. I get stuff cheaper than employee's... or so it seems. I find it hard to beleive you can't get a shortblock from International.

I found out when I bought the head from Ford, I was not able to buy the head from IH, the PN was captive

I had to mix and match from Ford and IH to get the best prices. It is almost like one decided to make money on one part and the other on the next part.

I had to mix and match from Ford and IH to get the best prices. It is almost like one decided to make money on one part and the other on the next part.

Different Ford Dealers get different pricing. There is a dealer a little further north of me that gets the best pricing in the country on engines. Supposedly...

I just paid nearly 10K for a short block, I must be getting gouged, but I can almost guarantee its gonna take a beating.

I have a crap ton of 6.0 parts left over, if your wanting rods and pistons, I have 15 in good shape. I also have a crank. Get you a block, machine it and some new rings, and you have a shorty.

Back