Engine won't start.. Key won't turn starter over, no bus.

ashby

OK this is on a 00 24v, 6spd..

This is kinda a two part problem, the first part:
Back in november I changed fuel pumps to a frame mounted Carter 4601.. 1/2" lines blah blah.. I ran the positive to the positive and ground to the ground of the stock fuel pump wires.

Always ran 13psi, 11 was about the lowest..

Then it started getting really cold, and when I would turn my key on, it would not kick the fuel pump on for it to prime, although if you turned the key to crank but didn't start the truck it would come on.. With the truck running the voltage at the fuel pump was very inconsistent.. bouncing from 11-13 constantly..

So anyways, the other day I pushed the ball in on the overflow valve, that gave me about a 1 psi boost.. So I figured I needed a relay to add so I could get consistent power. I ran a frame mounted ground on the fuel pump and the relay. The stock fuel pump positive was going to be the switch"Trigger" wire for the relay, and I had 8gauge ran for the constant power.

I hooked it all up and turned the key on and nothing happened. After inspecting the relay I added, I hooked it up wrong..

So that shut my voltage off on my oem fuel pump wire, and I ran out of time so I wired the carter fuel pump to the battery and started the truck and it ran fine and everything..

Yesterday I drove it into the shop, wired the relay correctly, and still not getting any power through the stock fuel pump wire.. And the truck won't start as well..

Codes P1688 and P1689 still exist..

Now here is the second part:

A few diesel mechanics came over to the shop today and we were tinkering with my truck trying to figure out what was goin on.. Well we were trying to get the truck to turn over, and when we would turn the key nothing would happen.. It would click the relay in the PDC, but nothing else..

So we "hot-wired" the starter and got the truck to start and run on ether.. It ran like garbage but it was running! So while it was running all of the gauge lights were on and the odometer was saying "NO BUS".. We are starting to think this is now a wiring issue somewhere along ignition system..

He said when he hooked his scan tool to it, that it came on, and then shut off for no reason..

Any comments on where to head to next?

My Truck Did That And It Wuz The Eingen Fuse Number 9 On The Inside I Thank

mine did the same thinkg think its your fuse i changed it under my hood and she fired right up

Back