EP 9 mechanical inj/pump

snoxracer

Has anyone out there heard or know anything about this pump? I have been doing some research on p-pumping my buddies 24v and was talking with a Diesel expert in our local area. He was telling me about the Nippondenso EP9 injection pump that is a direct bolt on pump to the exisiting engine plate. So one would not have to remove the engine plate, cam, etc to run the mechanical pump. Just mainly injection lines and throttle? Not sure as to the power it can make of fuel that it can flow, but he said he has built some wicked pulling tractors with that same pump.

Any information would be great!

Thanks,

Dustin

That is known as an A-pump. These were factory on many JD tractors. You can get a lot of fuel out of these but not as much as a P-pump and they cost more to work on than a P-pump. It really depends on your application. DT-466 truck motors ran these pumps too. They are a pretty good pump but as far as direct bolt on I dont know, kind of doubt it though.

Thanks for the reply, I am going to keep digging and see what I can find out for sure.

Thanks,

Dustin

It will bolt to the timing cover, but the pump shaft diameter is smaller so you will need a drive hub to match it.